It might be the end of the week but that doesn’t mean it has to be an end to the fun!
Get out of your house this Sunday and check out any of these great events going on around Calgary today — we’re sure you won’t regret it.
- Canadians want more rules surrounding Airbnb
- National locations in Calgary will no longer offer plastic straws
- Awesome costumes on display at the Calgary Comic Expo (PHOTOS)
- What: For the month of March get re-balanced and start your Sunday off right with a free bootcamp class curtesy of Caron Anderson at the CORE. Time to get your summer bod started!
- When: Every Sunday in April
- Time: 11 am
- Where: Dome Tower – 333, 7th Avenue SW
- Admission: FREE
- What: After sweeping the 2014 Banff International String Quartet Competition, these guys have absolutely blown up! The New Yorker has even announced that they are “the young American string quartet of the moment!”
- When: April 29 to 30
- Tuesday: 7 pm
- Wednesday: 8 pm
- Where: Macewan Hall – 402 Collegiate Boulevard NW
- Tickets: Online, $35 to $45
- What: Get inspired as you stroll through beautiful photographs taken by the famous and fascinating Frida Kahlo. There are more than 240 pieces that were kept in her home, ‘The Blue House,” for over 50 years under her estate. Visitors will have the opportunity to better understand the woman behind the artist; her origins, her roots, her friendships and romantic relationships, her fragile health, her political tendencies, and her special relationship with photography. This is the first time this exhibition has ever been presented in Canada!
- When: February 3 to May 21, 2018
- Where: The Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Admission: Regular admission
- What: XO is located in the heart of one of Calgary’s newest communities, Auburn Bay. Paying tribute to the old fashioned ice cream parlours and mom-and-pop shops, they have aimed to create an ice cream experience with flavours that are both nostalgic and creative, sparking memories across generations – past, present, and future!
- Where: 808, 100 Auburn Meadows Drive SE
Cocktail Happy Hour
- What: The only thing better than sitting down to a delicious cocktail after work is not having to pay full price for it! $16 drinks can sometimes put a damper the evening, depending on your budget. However, $5 to $9 cocktails are a serious game changer. Psst! Don’t forget to check out reverse happy hours as well and drink for cheap well into the night!
- The Wednesday Room – 100 – 118 8th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Cleaver – 102 – 524 17th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Gringo Street – 102, 524 17th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Craft Beer Market – 345 10th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Last Best Brewing & Distilling – 607 11th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Two Penny Chinese – 1213 1st Street SW, Calgary
- Calcutta Cricket Club – 340 – 17th Avenue SW, Calgary
- Goro + Gun – #245 – 225 7th Avenue SW, Calgary
- What: Head to the summit for a beautiful snowy view above the treetops and a birds-eye view of six different mountain ranges, while sipping on coffee or a refreshing glass of wine.
- Where: 100 Mountain Avenue, Banff
- Tickets: Adult $62, child $31