Saturdays are just the best. You get to sleep in a bit, spend the whole day doing whatever you want, and you don’t even have to worry about going to work the next day!
Days like today are special, so you gotta spend them doing something equally as awesome… luckily we’ve put together a list highlighting a few of Calgary’s best events to help you.
- Canadians want more rules surrounding Airbnb
- National locations in Calgary will no longer offer plastic straws
- Awesome costumes on display at the Calgary Comic Expo (PHOTOS)
- What: Join Lululemon every Saturday morning for a fun morning run through iconic mountain landscapes and a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of the busy town streets!
- When: Every Saturday morning
- Time: 9 am
- Where: Lululemon Banff – 121 Banff Avenue, Banff
- Admission: Free!
Hit the slopes for spring skiing
- What: Our mountainous backyard is just waiting for us with a fluffy layer of the white stuff, perfect for winter sports and activities. Take advantage and get some spring shredding in, or take your snowshoes for an adventure around one of the many picturesque lakes that the Rockies have to offer.
- Check the websites for Sunshine, Mount Norquay and Lake Louise to find the hours of operation and trail conditions
Dust off your road bike
- It looks like Calgary has seen the last of the snow, for the next five months at least – fingers crossed! So it’s the perfect time to get out your road bike and head down to the river for some beautiful views and a great afternoon of adventures, exploring Calgary’s bike paths.
- What: Looking for a quick escape from the every day grind? This brand new spa combines the tranquil rejuvenation of a traditional Nordic Spa and the Alpine stillness of the Canadian Rockies. This spa is meant to provide relaxation and give you the opportunity to discover clarity in the midst of the mountains.
- Where: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis
- What: Board game cafe’s make a great first date, as there are lots of icebreaker opportunities to make it very obvious if there will be a second date in the cards. Alternatively, it’s a a fun way to hang out with friends and spice up a usual catch-up coffee affair. Plus, there is nothing wrong with some healthy competition!
- Hexagon Board Game Cafe – #200 1140 Kensington Road NW, Calgary
- Boxcar Board Game Cafe – 1215 1st Street SW, Calgary
- What: Coming all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you everything you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures and understanding how they communicate. There is so much to know about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26
- What: With so many exciting events coming up there is no better place to get prepared than this local market. Find one-of-a-kind gems for any occasion while supporting some amazing artisans from all over central Alberta!
- When: Saturday, April 28
- Time: 10:30 am to 4 pm
- Where: Olds Collage Alumni Centre – 4500, 50 Street Olds
- Tickets: Online, $10 to $20