Mondays don’t always have to be so blue.
…Especially not when there’s plenty of fun activities happening all around the city, just waiting for you to check them out!
Get out there and live it up – even at the start of the week.
- Calgary's Reggaefest cancelled after 14 years
- Check out 400 classic vehicles at Heritage Park's car show-and-shine
- Public consumption of cannabis outlawed by Calgary city council
- What: We all know that the struggle is truly real on Mondays! Luckily, National wants to make them a bit better with 25 cent Happy Hour offered all day long. Yes, you read that correctly! Grab a drink and make Monday’s your new favourite day of the week.
- When: Mondays
- Time: 11 am to close
- Where: National on 17 – 550 17th Avenue SW
- What: She can sing, twirl and pivot the way into anyone’s heart, but is she good enough to win the Miss Caledonia tiara? Set in the 1950’s, follow along on the adventures of Peggy Ann Douglas as she pursues her dream of becoming a Hollywood movie star, one step at a time!
- When: April 2 to 21
- Monday – Saturday: 12 to 1 pm
- Thursday – Friday: 6 to 7 pm
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $26
- What: Check out the season’s hottest beauty trends with the Core, all week long! You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to wear each look, while stepping outside your beauty box and trying something new at the unique events happening each day on the second level of the CORE. A few vendors that you can expect to see are MAC, Rocky Mountain Soap, Eveline Charles, L’Occitane and more!
- When: April 9 to 13
- Time: Varies per event
- Where: The CORE – 333, 7th Avenue SW
- Tickets: FREE
- What: Get inspired as you stroll through beautiful photographs taken by the famous and fascinating Frida Kahlo. There are more than 240 pieces that were kept in her home, ‘The Blue House,” for over 50 years under her estate. Visitors will have the opportunity to better understand the woman behind the artist; her origins, her roots, her friendships and romantic relationships, her fragile health, her political tendencies, and her special relationship with photography. This is the first time this exhibition has ever been presented in Canada!
- When: February 3 to May 21, 2018
- Where: The Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Admission: Regular admission
- What: Head to the summit for a beautiful snowy view above the treetops and a birds-eye view of six different mountain ranges, while sipping on coffee or a refreshing glass of wine.
- Where: 100 Mountain Avenue, Banff
- Tickets: Adult $62, child $31