Doors Open YYC will reveal the inner workings of businesses all over Calgary this September, as they fling open their doors to thousands of locals.
The annual event on Saturday, September 24 will allow you to look round, go on a special tour or get a behind-the-scenes experience at a myriad of businesses.
A highlight will be the Calgary Stampede, which is hosting an all-day pancake breakfast and behind-the-scenes tours of the Grandstand, Rodeo Chutes and Chuckwagon barns.
But there are more than 30 other businesses taking part in Doors Open YYC this year, including:
- Aero Space Museum of Calgary – learn about the aircraft and their history
- Calgary Food Bank – find out about one of the biggest food banks in Canada
- Fiasco Gelato – a behind-the-scenes look at how gelato is produced
- The Gauntlet – learn about the processes of producing a weekly newspaper
- Lougheed House – guided tours of historic areas usually closed to the public
- Global TV – see how live TV is made and try out a green screen
- Shepard Dump – find out what happens to all of the garbage we throw away
Where: Locations across Calgary
When: Saturday, September 24
Info: Find the full map and listings at doorsopenyyc.org/site-list