Easter Sunday is right around the corner, and the City of Calgary is making a few adjustments for the long weekend.
A few city services will be closed during the holiday, while others will be open for shortened hours.
Take a look below to discover what you can and can’t do over the upcoming long weekend.
- Feds extend Trans Mountain Pipeline decision deadline into summer
- Flames on brink of elimination after blowing late lead in OT loss
- Here's what Jason Kenney promised in his 2019 election campaign
Calgary Transit will be operating on a Sunday level of service on Friday, April 19. The following weekend days will run as scheduled.
Parking restrictions will be in place along 17th Avenue from the Saddledome to 14th Street SW between 7 pm and 5 pm during both home and away Calgary Flames games (on Friday, April 19 and (hopefully) Sunday, April 21).
Holiday rates will be charged at select parkades and surface lots in the city throughout the weekend.
City landfills will be open from 7:30 am to 5 pm on Friday and Monday, though only East Calgary landfill will be open on Easter Sunday.
Village Square Leisure Centre will be open from 11 am to 5 pm on Friday and Sunday, though Southland Leisure Centre will only be open on Friday, but not the Sunday.
Waste and recycling services in the city will operate as usual.
All City of Calgary administration buildings will be closed from Friday, April 19 to Sunday, April 21. This includes City Hall.
All athletic parks (for advance bookings), golf courses, and the North Mount Pleasant and Wildflower Arts Centres will be closed the full weekend through (April 19 to 21), and the following centres will be closed on Friday, April 19 and Sunday, April 21:
- Acadia Aquatic & Fitness Centre
- Beltline Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- Bob Bahan Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- Canyon Meadows Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- Foothills Aquatic Centre
- Glenmore Aquatic Centre
- Killarney Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Inglewood Aquatic Centre
- Renfrew Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Shouldice Aquatic Centre
- Sir Winston Churchill Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Thornhill Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- Southland Leisure Centre will be closed Easter Sunday
- Calgary Soccer Centre will be closed on April 2.