Eleven Chefs from across Alberta will throw down at the annual Ocean Wise Seafood Chowder Chowdown this November.
In support of Ocean Wise sustainable seafood programs, culinary heavyweights will go “ladle-to-ladle” in this soup-centric cook-off as attendees and a panel of judges sample Chipotle and charred corn clam chowder, Tom Yum chowder, and more, before casting their votes to name the 2017 champion.
The event aims to celebrate Calgary’s thriving food scene and the increasing appreciation and commitment to sustainable seafood from Ocean Wise partners.
“It’s a great opportunity to taste sustainable seafood at its finest while rubbing elbows with like-minded foodies and chefs who are all making a difference for our oceans, lakes, and rivers,” shared Claire Li of Ocean Wise in a press release.
Ticket prices include the chance to taste all 11 chowders plus refreshments provided by Big Rock Brewery, Brewsters, Half Hitch Brewing Company, and Wild Rose Brewery.
Participating chefs include:
Chef Felipe Flores, The Calgary Zoo
Chef Wesley Larosee, Catch Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Executive Chef Corey Welsch, Craft Beer Market
Chef Jamie Harling, Deane House
- Executive Chef Eraj Jayawickreme, Fairmont Palliser
- Chef Youri Park, Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Chef de Cuisine Adam Trotchie, Last Best Brewing & Distilling
- Executive Chef Peter Paiva, Raw Bar at Hotel Arts
- Chef de Cuisine Matthias Fong, River Cafe
- Chef Carson Killham, Rodney’s Oyster House
- Chef Patrick Grogan, Sky Bistro at the Banff Gondola
Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown
When: November 15, 7 pm
Where: Hotel Arts, 119 12 Avenue SW, Calgary
Price: $60 available online.