There are many reasons to love French toast.
First of all, it’s like having dessert for breakfast, secondly it’s a great dish to share in a group, and lastly, it pairs incredibly well with mimosas – which really works for our brunching habits.
Here are 12 must-try French toast dishes to check out in Calgary.
- 10 breakfast sandwiches in Calgary to get your hands on
- 20 must-try brunch dishes in Calgary
- 7 places to get breakfast poutine in Calgary
- 7 places to drink a Caesar in Calgary
1. Space Jam French Toast from the Beltliner
The ‘Space Jam’ and ricotta-stuffed french toast from The Beltliner comes with three pieces of thick toast topped with house jam, lemon ricotta, and powdered sugar.
Address: 243 12th Avenue SW
2. Banana and Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast from Monki
Monki has many incredible brunch items, but the French toast is absolutely out of this world. This dish is stuffed with banana and franjelico cream cheese and topped with Nutella and condensed milk.
Address: 1301 10th Avenue SW
3. Savoury Stuffed French Toast from Blue Star Diner
This Bridgeland neighbourhood gem has a wonderful version of french toast with a savoury twist: sautéed herb and garlic mushrooms, Sylvan Star grueye, and homemade hollandaise served with local red potato hash browns.
Address: 809 1st Avenue NE
4. Briggs French Toast from Briggs Kitchen & Bar
A perfect mix of French custard, cornflake crusted, and balsamic syrup on top of freshly-made French toast. Get this dish during Briggs’ brunch hours on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 2pm.
Address: 100 – 317 10th Avenue SW
5. Banana Bread French Toast from The Fine Diner Bistro
The Fine Diner’s house-made banana bread is topped with bruléed bananas, berry compote, and a healthy helping of fresh whipping cream.
Address: #4 – 1420 9th Avenue SE
6. Chocolate Banana French Toast from Diner Deluxe
7. Belmont French Toast from The Belmont Diner
11. Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast from OEB Breakfast Co.
Cheesecake and French toast combined into one stellar dish – enough said.
12. French Toast Fondue from The Bro’kin Yolk
A different way to eat French toast, but still incredibly delicious. The Bro’kin Yolk’s toast comes with Nutella chocolate sauce, and mixed berry compote served with a bowl of fresh fruit.
Address: 130 – 12580 Symon Valley Road NW