9 cm more of snow could be on the way to Calgary this week

Apr 29 2019, 9:18 pm

You’re killin’ us here, Calgary.

Or, more specifically, your unpredictable weather patterns and too-stubborn-to-ever-leave-for-good winters are putting a serious damper on what should be some feel-good spring-time fun!

See also

As the city recovers from the dumping of snow it received on Saturday, residents of Calgary should probably keep those snow shovels and mittens handy, because there are, potentially, even more flakes on their way.

Environment Canada is calling for four days this week with a 60% chance of flurries, and snowfall on Tuesday night is all but assured (well, as assured as weather can be around the parts, which is honestly not saying much).

snow

Calgary weather this week (Environment Canada)

The Weather Network has a somewhat different take on the forecast, though it is also calling for a bit of snow on Tuesday — around 1 cm, to be exact.

The bulk of the 9 cm of snow you clicked on this headline expecting to hear about could be coming later this week/early next week when around 5 cm may come down on Sunday and 1 to 3 cm on Monday.

snow

Calgary weather this week (The Weather Network)

Still, a 70% chance of precipitation does mean a 30% chance of no precipitation… so we’ll keep our fingers crossed heading into this May.

See also
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT