Celebrate making it halfway through the week, and the fact that December is right around the corner!
Get outside and live it up at any of these great Calgary events or activities.
- Faces in 4th Street Underpass' 'Snapshots' art installation may not actually be Calgarians
- Spotted on Reddit: 'Canadian Tumbleweed' blows through field of snow
- You can ride on the Polar Express Train just an hour away from Calgary
- What: The wait is finally over! Check out this brand-new restaurant located in the heart of Vitoria Park serving up classic authentic Chinese dishes. They even have a dim sum bar located in the basement where you can get delicious eats late into the night.
- Where: Two Penny Chinese – 1213 1st Street SW
- What: Learn the meaning of Christmas with Charlie Brown and the gang!
- When: November 17 to December 17
- Where: Vertigo Theatre – 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $28.35
- What: Who knew the story of the friendship between a pig named Wilbur and a spider named Charlotte could be so heartwarming. Relive this childhood classic in this special adaptation by Joseph Robinette.
- When: November 21 to December 31
- Time: Varies by performance
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 215 8th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $26 to $75
Hit the Slopes
- What: Getting snow early this year means that our mountainous backyard is waiting for us with a fluffy layer of the white stuff, perfect for winter sports and activities. Take advantage and get some shredding in during this great pre-season, or take your snowshoes for an adventure around one of the many picturesque lakes that the Rockies have to offer. Each hill also has a variety of Christmas themed activities happening throughout the holiday season, be sure to check the websites before heading up so you don’t miss the festivities.
- Check the websites for Sunshine, Mount Norquay and Lake Louise to check hours of operation and see which trails are open!
- What: Skate amidst the beauty of downtown Calgary at everyone’s favourite outdoor rink.
- When: Monday, November 20 to mid-March
- Time: weather dependent from 10 am to 9 pm
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- Cost: Free