Only…. three (or four, depending on the time) more days until the weekend!
Let’s consider this a glass-half-full kind of fact, and celebrate by heading out to any of these fun Calgary events.
- What: Cineplex just opened a Rec Room in Calgary, complete with two restaurants, a huge arcade, and a virtual reality room.
- When: Every day
- Time: Open at 11 am, closed at midnight on Sunday through Thursday, 1 am on Friday and Saturday. Adults only after 10 pm.
- Where: Deerfoot City – 1108, 901 64th Avenue NE
- Admission: Free!
- What: Get out your knives and candles, there’s Jack-O-Lanterns to be made! Drop off your carved pumpkin at Heritage Park to enter the contest.
- When: Tuesday, October 24 to Wednesday, October 25
- Time: Drop off from 6 to 9 pm on Tuesday, and from 9 am to noon on Wednesday
- Where: Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- Admission: Free! Just dropped off your carved pumpkin before noon on October 25. Each category winner will receive four passes to Ghouls’ Night Out. The grand prize winner will also receive a $100 gift card to Michaels.
- What: Who knows what will jump out at you in the virtual reality haunted house.
- When: Select nights throughout October
- Time: Multiple times throughout the evening
- Where: SmartyPantz Escape Rooms –1601-14 Street SW
- Tickets: Online, $20 per person for bookings up to October 15, then $25 per person afterwards.
- What: Half off tacos every Tuesday at Blanco Cantina on 17th Avenue.
- When: Tuesdays
Time: All day and night
- Where: Blanco – 723 17th Avenue SW
- Cost: Half off tacos, $12 trashcans
- What: One dollar oysters all day at National, along with 3 for $7 tacos.
- When: Tuesdays
- Time: All day
- Where: National – 550 17th Avenue SW
- Cost: $1 per oyster, $7 for 3 tacos