FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
From June 3 to 6, the world’s largest conference on gender equality will take place in Vancouver.
The Women Deliver 2019 Conference will bring together over 6,000 world leaders, influencers, academics, advocates, and change-makers with the goal to advance progress for girls and women around the world to the Vancouver Convention Centre.
“The conference will present new knowledge, promote world-class solutions, and engage a broad spectrum of voices,” said organizers.
“It will focus on several issues from health, nutrition, education, economic and political empowerment to human rights, good governance, and girls’ and women’s agency and equality.”
This year’s conference will focus on power and how it can drive — or hinder– progress or change.
Through the lens of “Power. Progress. Change” the conference will examine how power operates at three levels: individual power, structural power, and the power of movements.
This year’s conference brings together a roster of all-star speakers who will be bringing their ideas, inspiration, and advocacy to the stage.
2019 speakers include:
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Sophie Grégoire Trudeau — Deliver for Good Influencer
- Sahle-Work Zewde — President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Tina Tchen — Former Chief of Staff for Michelle Obama
- Ziauddin Yousafzai— Co-Founder of the Malala Fund
- The Honourable Maryam Monsef — Canada’s Minister of International Development and Minister for Women and Gender Equality
- Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary of Denmark— Deliver for Good Influencer
- Tarana Burke— Founder of the Me Too movement
- Melinda Gates— Co-Chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Hadiqa Bashir — Founder, Girls United for Human Rights
- Heather Jarvis — Co-founder of the Slutwalk
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka— Executive Director, UN Women
- Shivani Siroya— CEO + Founder of Tala
- Theo Sowa — African Women’s Development Fund
- Katja Iversen— President/ CEO of Women Deliver
The full list of speakers and more information can be found here.
When: June 3 to 6, 2019
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of Women Deliver 2019 Conference