Thrill seekers, you’re going to want to be in Whistler on June 20 because the 21st annual Whitewater Rodeo is taking place.
The highly-anticipated full-day event will see teams rafting down the mighty Green River and if you’re an adrenaline junkie, this is one extravaganza that you don’t want to miss.
The Adventure Group, Wedge Rafting, Gibbons Whistler, and Good Fortune Collective are joining forces to create this race event which, of course, is followed by après at the Longhorn pub and ends with an open-bar party on Cougar Mountain headlined by electronic music duo SkiiTour.
Round up your friends to take part in the event, which will see six crew members per raft guided by a Wedge Rafting Guide. As teams compete for first down the river, they’ll also be judged for their creative costumes after the event in the ‘Best Dressed’ awards, plus other competitions like capsizing, and sumo wrestling (seriously).
The best part? All funds raised from the event will support non-profit Zero Ceiling, with 100% of the proceeds going to support their programs for homeless youth. The organization works to fight youth homelessness in Vancouver and the Sea to Sky Corridor, and to provide life skills and adventure-based learning that empowers them to lead independent and healthy lives.
Anyone can join in on the après Rodeo fun as the Longhorn pub will be open to the public all day, however, Cougar Mountain will be exclusive to those who have participated in the rafting event.
Transport to and from the rafting and Cougar Mountain will be included in the price of tickets. You can snap yours up now for $109 via Eventbrite.
Enter for your chance to win the following prize courtesy of Zero Ceiling Society of Canada:
- x 1 rodeo boat for yourself and five friends, worth over $750.
- x 1 full day of adventure with whitewater rafting, raft games, apres, and an exclusive after party on Cougar Mountain, headlined by SkiiTour and with an open bar.
To enter for your chance to win the prize listed above, courtesy of Zero Ceiling Society of Canada, do at least one of the following;
1. Sign up to receive Daily Hive’s newsletter via the form below. (1 entry)
2. Like Zero Ceiling Society of Canada on Facebook – @zeroceiling and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Like Zero Ceiling Society of Canada on Instagram – @zeroceilingsociety and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on May 31, 2018. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
When: June 20
Time: 11 am to 9 pm
Where: Wedge Rafting Carleton Lodge – 4293 Mountain Square, Whistler, BC
Price: $109 – Purchase via Eventbrite
- BC-made app launching in February to connect 'locals' with 'adventurers'
- 10 places in Canada you need to visit this year
- 10 fun things to do in Richmond this March
- 10 outdoor events to check out in Vancouver this March
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of the Whitewater Rodeo