If you want to start your day off strong, you might want to start it with a balanced smoothie.
Whole Foods Market and Vancouver-based Vega, the leader in the clean, plant-based nutrition, have partnered to open Cambie Street Juice Co. where you can now grab a nutrition packed smoothie and go.
Last week, shoppers at Whole Foods Market’s Cambie store location got a first look and taste of Cambie Street Juice Co., a new specialty juice and smoothie bar.
Cambie Street Juice Co., located on the first level of the store, will be open during regular store hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. The new venue will offer a selection of fresh Whole Foods Market juices and original smoothies, in addition to a separate menu of Vega smoothies inspired by local B.C. destinations, including:
- Juan de Fuca Smoothie – orange juice, mango, pineapple, cayenne, Vega One Natural flavour
- Happy Berry Smoothie – almond milk, strawberries, blueberries, beets, Vega One French Vanilla flavour
- Grassy Jack Smoothie – almond milk, apples, pineapple, beets, ginger, lemon juice, Vega One French Vanilla
- Stanley Park Smoothie – almond milk, banana, spinach, golden flaxseed, Vega Chlorella, Vega One French Vanilla
- C-Wall Smoothie – orange juice, pineapple, strawberry, ginger, mint, Vega One Natural flavour
- North Shore Smoothie – coconut milk, almond milk, banana, almond butter, coconut, Vega One Chocolate flavour
- Vega Seasonal Apple Pie Smoothie – almond milk, apple, almond butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, ice, Vega One French Vanilla flavour
Customers can also purchase and add wheatgrass wellness shots, as well as choose from a variety of boosts to add to their smoothies.
“Throughout our store, we look for ways to satisfy, delight and nourish our shoppers,” said Grant Daisley, Pacific Northwest Associate Marketing Coordinator. “The new Cambie Street Juice Co. lets us do all of those at once. And Vega is a wonderful partner for Whole Foods Market because both companies place great value on inspiring people to make choices every day to support better personal health.”
”We are thrilled to be partnering with Whole Foods Market to bring Vancouver a leading juice and smoothie bar in Vega’s own backyard,” added Ashley Meston, Vega’s Director of Trade Marketing. “The Cambie Street Juice Co. really celebrates and embodies what both Whole Foods and Vega look to bring our consumers every day–equally delicious and clean, whole food nutrition.
To celebrate the launch, Vega’s Education Team shares a lesson in Smoothieology 101 and launch a Smoothie Kit Giveaway with Vancity Buzz. We have built out the following Cambie Street Juice Co. + Vega Smoothie Kit for our loyal readers, which retails for over $400.
The Smoothie Kit includes:
- Vega One Smoothie Gift Basket (includes Large Vega One Tub, Thrive Books, Vega bars, Protein Smoothie, Vega Shaker and more – collaged image attached for reference)
- Whole Foods Exclusive Collector’s Cup (perfect for smoothies on the go!)
- Whole Foods Market Gift Card ($50 value)
- 5 Free Smoothies Juices at Cambie Street Juice Bar
To enter to win this prize pack, do at least one of the following:
1. Retweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a $400 @WFMVan and @VegaTeam Smoothie Kit via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/ESfng RT to enter! #CambieStJuice
2. Leave a comment below telling us what your favourite fruit or vegetable is. (1 entry)
3. Follow us on Instagram – @VancityBuzz. Leave a comment below letting us know you have and would like to be entered. (1 entry)
4. Like this photo on Vancity Buzz’s Facebook page. (1 entry)
Contest ends November 28 at 11:59 p.m. One winner will be chosen at random and announced on Vancity Buzz’s Twitter account.
Winner: Sabrina B. via newsletter subscription.
Here are the 5 ingredients that every smoothie recipes needs:
1. All about that base
Pick your favourite: water, juice or a non-dairy beverage. If you’re trying to minimize your calories, stick to water. Juice is perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth. For an extra creamy texture, pick non-dairy milk.
Want to get a little adventurous? Swap out traditional almond milk for something more exotic like hemp milk or quinoa milk.
2. Ice, ice, baby
Who wants a lukewarm smoothie? Nope! we’d rather be straight up chillin’ with ice cubes. Frozen banana in place of ice cubes makes your smoothie extra smooth. Frozen fruit is perfect during the middle of winter when “fresh” fruit is nowhere to be seen.
3. Green is good
Search the fridge and throw whatever greens are lying around. Spinach? Done. Kale? Check. Chard? Why not. Cucumber? Sure? You’ll find some combinations you absolutely adore and others that you’d rather never taste again. There’s always tomorrow.
4. Protein power
To hold you over until your next meal, you’ll need to harness the power of satiating protein. Grab nut butters, nuts or seeds. Or even better, scoop a serving of Vega One into your smoothie. Besides 15 grams of complete plant-based protein, you’ll get Omega-3s, greens, fiber, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, maca and digestive enzymes. Hello smoothie with everything you need. Not interested in complete foundational nutrition? What about Protein Smoothie for a protein and greens boost?
5. Phat fats
Finally, finish your smoothie recipe with a healthy fat. Think chia, flax, hemp, coconut oil, nuts or seeds. If you’re watching calories, replace with our other friend: fibre.
Every smoothie offered at Whole Foods Cambie Cambie St Juice Co was created with these tips in mind.