Major League Soccer (MLS) announced their 2015 Best XI today, and Whitecaps FC star defender Kendall Waston got the nod – the first ‘Caps player to be given the league honour since the club’s entry in the MLS in 2011.
Waston was voted the Whitecaps FC Player of the Year this past season, and finished second in voting for the MLS Defender of the Year. On November 19, the club announced they had re-signed the Costa Rican centre back to a multi-year extension.
The MLS Best XI, awarded to the league’s top 11 players, was selected by write-in votes from MLS players, club leadership, and media. The 11 players are made up of one goalkeeper, three defenders, four midfielders, and three forwards.
2015 MLS Best XI
- Goalkeeper – Luis Robles (New York Red Bulls)
- Defender – Laurent Ciman (Montreal Impact)
- Defender – Kendall Waston (Vancouver Whitecaps FC)
- Defender – Matt Hedges (FC Dallas)
- Midfielder – Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City)
- Midfielder – Fabian Castillo (FC Dallas)
- Midfielder – Dax McCarty (New York Red Bulls)
- Midfielder – Ethan Finlay (Columbus Crew SC)
- Forward – Sebastian Giovinco (Toronto FC)
- Forward – Kei Kamara (Columbus Crew SC)
- Forward – Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy)
Out of the 11 players, 10 are first-time recipients of the league honour.