A fire that ripped through residential units in a building above a White Rock restaurant caused extensive smoke and water damage, and left number of residents displaced.
On Wednesday night, White Rock Fire Rescue responded to a fire above Cosmos Greek Restaurant on Marine Drive.
They battled the flames all night and into the early morning, according to a release from the city.
The building suffered fire damage to several suites, and smoke and water damage to a number of other units as well.
Several commercial units – including Cosmos – were damaged as well.
White Rock’s Emergency Social Services team arrived on the scene to offer meals, transportation, and accommodation for those who were forced out of their homes.
No one was hurt in the blaze, but crews were still at the site on Thursday morning, investigating and assessing the damage.
Staff did amazing job fighting fire and helping victims in early morning hours. Balcony sprinklers necessary. pic.twitter.com/2qx4nzRZMA
— Mayor of White Rock (@WhiteRockMayor) April 6, 2017
Two floors above Cosmos Greek Restaurant in White Rock destroyed by fire pic.twitter.com/7krxJUynFR
— Aaron Hinks (@aaron_hinks) April 6, 2017
On Thursday morning, the City said in a statement that it “empathizes with the residents impacted by this fire,” and that it is currently “assessing victim’s needs and reaching out to our community partners to coordinate support services.”