Whistler isn’t just a winter destination, it’s a year round destination and there’s plenty to celebrate in Whistler this summer. Like the best new concert venue in BC, Whistler Olympic Plaza, hosting Whistler Presents, a free outdoor Summer Concert Series.
Whistler Olympic Plaza is the site where global audiences gathered nightly to see the best athletes in the world step up to the podium at Victory Ceremonies during the 2010 Winter Games. Designed as a lasting legacy, Whistler Olympic Plaza accommodates audiences of up to 5,000 and is now a permanent venue for recreation, arts, and culture. It features a lawn, playground, outdoor performance spaces, and public art celebrating the 2010 Winter Games.
The Concert Series kicks off on Friday, August 5 with free entertainment and live shows in Whistler Olympic Plaza featuring some of the biggest names in music. Book your stay with Whistler.com and receive exclusive access to the concert VIP zone!
- Aug 5 & 6 – Concert Series – Jason Mraz and Toca
- Aug 13 & 14 – Concert Series Tom Cochrane & Colin James
- Aug 20 & 21 – Concert Series – Barenaked Ladies
- Aug 27 – Whistler Olympic Plaza Official Opening sets the stage in the Plaza’s extraordinary pavilion. Re-live the energy of the 2010 Winter Games.
- Sept 2- 4 – Jazz on the Mountains
- Sept 10 – RBC GRANFONDO WHISTLER deserves a grand celebration at the finish line. Join 7000 riders as they complete their tour to Whistler.
For a complete list check out their webpage.
Image: Mike Crane