Canada’s coolest film fest is back for another year, taking over Whistler from November 30 to December 4 – and the full lineup looks awesome.
Boasting fresh films from around the world and more premieres than ever before, Whistler Film Festival is undoubtedly the coolest way to cap off your winter.
This year, buzz-worthy Oscar candidate like La La Land, starring dream cast Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, will be kicking off the festival at its opening gala.
And Shades of Winter: Between, a freeski action documentary featuring only female athletes, in glorious 4K, will be closing off the festival in true Whistler style.
The full Whistler Film Festival lineup is now online—here are some of our festival favourites to whet your appetite.
- Anatomy of Violence (Canada) Dir. Deepa Mehta
- 20th Century Women (United States) Dir. Mike Mills
- Trespass Against Us (UK) Dir. Adam Smith
- La La Land (United States) Dir. Damien Chazelle
- Miss Sloane (United States) Dir. John Madde
- Lion (Australia) Dir. Garth Davis
- From the Land of the Moon (France) Dir. Nicole Garcia
- Free Fire (UK) Dir. Ben Wheatley
- As You Are (United States) Dir. Miles Joris-Peyrafitte
- Shades of Winter: Between (Austria) Dir. Sandra Lahnsteiner
- The Three Little Pigs 2 (Canada) Dir. Jean François Pouliot
Get your tickets quickly to Whistler Film Festival 2016—with 86 films, 18 countries, film competitions and an Industry Summit, there’s something for everyone.
Where: Various locations around Whistler
When: November 30 to December 4
Tickets: Available online or at box office (from November 15), $10-15 per screening
Daily Hive is a proud media partner of Whistler Film Festival.