Board games can be a fun part of a night spent at home. However, they can also be part of a great experience out on the town.
So whether it’s Monopoly or Settlers of Catan, on Commercial Drive or in Kitsilano, here are 10 places to play board games in Vancouver.
- What: Billing itself as “Vancouver’s original nerd bar,” this Commercial Drive gathering place is chock full of beers and board games.
- Where: 1305 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- Hours: 11 am to 1 am everyday
- What: A licensed pizza restaurant with more than 700 board and card games.
- Where: 189 Keefer Place, Vancouver
- Hours: 4:30 pm to 10 pm Monday to Thursday, 12 pm to 11 pm Friday
- What: An unpretentious pub with a patio offering casual fare, draft brews and of course, board games in a simple interior.
- Where: 131 Water Street, Vancouver
- Hours: 12 pm to 10 pm Sunday to Thursday, 12 pm to 1 am Friday to Saturday
- What: A friendly atmosphere, a cozy tasting room, board games and hockey.
- Where: 1488 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- Hours: 12 pm to 11 pm everyday
- What: Check out Score on Davie’s library of board games where you’ll find all the classics: Scrabble, Boggle, Trivial Pursuit.
- Where: 1262 Davie Street, Vancouver
- Hours: 11 am to 1 am Monday to Wednesday, 11 am to 2 am Thursday to Friday, 10 am at 1 am on Saturday, and 10 am to 12 am on Sunday.
- What: Stop by Scoop! Yogurt for quality frozen yogurt and play some board games while you’re there.
- Where: 2050 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- Hours: 6 pm to 10 pm Monday, 1 pm to 10 pm Tuesday to Thursday, 1 pm to 11 pm Friday, 12:30 to 11 pm Saturday, 12:30 to to 10 pm Sunday
- What: A mix of comfort food, games and atmosphere.
- Where: 3701 Hastings Street, Vancouver
- Hours: 11:30 am to 5:30 pm Friday to Tuesday, 11:15 am to 5:30 pm Wednesday and Thursday
- What: A great place to browse games, where the back of the shop is reserved for playing.
- Where: 2880 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- Hours: 10:30 am to 6:30 pm Monday to Thursday, 10:30 am to 9 pm Friday, 10 am to 6 pm Saturday, 11 am to 6 pm Sunday
- What: A smaller shop with a nice selection of modern favourites and frequent game nights.
- Where: 3878 Main Street, Vancouver
- Hours: 11 am to 6 pm Monday to Wednesday, 11 am to 9 pm Thursday and Friday, 10 to 6 pm Saturday, 11 am to 5 pm Sunday
What: All Vancouver Public Library locations hold board game sessions in their children’s areas, and provide the games to play as well. Check the events page for details on the games time at your local branch.