With the Easter weekend upon us, many people in the city will enjoy an extra day off (or two).
- 16 places to get Easter treats in Vancouver right now
- Sunshine and showers expected for Vancouver's Easter long weekend
- 5 restaurants serving epic Easter brunch buffets in Vancouver
But not everything shuts down, and for those looking to hop out of the house over the holiday weekend, Vancouver has a variety of options.
Movie theatres are always open throughout the weekend.
Check your local listings.
You might get a day off, but you’ve still gotta shop, right? Malls throughout throughout Metro Vancouver are open throughout the long weekend.
- Pacific Centre
- Oakridge Centre
- Park Royal
- Richmond Centre
- Tsawwassen Mills
- MacArthur Glen Vancouver Outlet
- Coquitlam Centre
Spend the long weekend surrounded by sea creatures at the Vancouver Aquarium.
Vancouver Art Gallery
Why not take advantage of the time off from work to take in some world-class art?
Grocery and convenience stores
While many mom-and-pop shops may close, the majority of major grocery chains – as well as convenience stores – stay open right through the weekend.
From the Vancouver Lookout to Capilano Suspension Bridge and all points in between, the long weekend is the perfect time to be a tourist in your own city.
While all transit does operate right through the long weekend, there are some schedule adjustments. Visit TransLink’s website for the latest schedule updates to get you where you need to go.
Private Liquor Stores
The following private liquor stores in Vancouver are open during the Easter weekend:
- Granville Liquor Store – 2658 Granville Street
- Brewery Creek Liquor Store – 3045 Main Street
- Denman Liquor Store – 1060 Denman Street
- Liberty Wine Merchants – 1622 Commercial Drive (this location only)
- Coal Harbour Liquor Store – 1216 West Pender Street
- Spirit of Howe Street – 1275 Granville Street
- East Side Liquor Store – 1445 E. 41st Street
- Value On Liquor Store – 1450 SW Marine Drive
- The Bottle Shop – 1489 East Hastings Street
- Legacy Liquor Store – 1633 Manitoba Street
- Princeton Hotel Liquor Store – 110-1901 Powell Street
- Darby’s Public House and Liquor Store – 2001 MacDonald Street
- Kitsilano Liquor Store – 2289 West Broadway
- Burrard Liquor Store – 2401 Burrard Street
- High Point Beer Wine and Spirits – 2769 East Hastings Street
- Liquor Depot at Cambie – 3415 Cambie Stree
- Liquor Depot at Point Grey – 3338 West Broadway
- Jimmy’s Cold Beer and Wine Store – 425 Robson Street
- Pacific Spirits Liquor Store – 4474 Dunbar Street
- Firefly Fine Wines and Ales – 2857 Cambie Street
- Dunbar Liquor Boutique – 5650 Dunbar Street
- Crosstown Liquor Store – 568 Abbott Street