With Dineout Vancouver kicking off last Friday and the upcoming provincial elections, it’s a good time to talk food and politics. We’re excited to report that we are expanding our writing team in 2013 and will be taking applications to write for the following Food and Politics topics. Early consideration will be given to those who apply by Monday, February 4th.
Food (including events)
- Food cart
- Gluten free
- Desserts (ex. macarons, gelato, chocolate, cupcakes)
- New restaurants
- Opening soon
- Best sports bar
You may apply for no more than two total food categories.
- Federal Liberal
- B.C. Liberal
Two to three non-partisan writers needed.
Fill out the below questions and send them to [email protected] – no CV’s please.
To get a better idea of who you are and what you can contribute, we require that you answer the below questions in a concise and well thought-out manner. Please keep all answers under 150 words.
1. About you: Please explain to us why we should pick you instead of another applicant.
2. Experience: What experience do you have that qualifies you to write about the topic(s) you chose? Please include what topics you would like to write about.
3. Past Work: We would like to get a sense of how you create content: Please send us your blog, online writing/drawing/photo portfolio, or Flickr account – anything but a resume (some of these things can be included in the first two questions).
4. Constructive criticism and/or editorial ideas: What needs improvement on Vancity Buzz? Tell us what you think we could be doing better (there is always something, don’t be scared) and how you’d play a role in helping to improve that. Stick to content idea or suggestions, don’t bother with website layout or anything like that (although you can mention that to us later, we always appreciate feedback).