International charity and educational partner, Free The Children, in partnership with MTV and Much, and alongside National Co-Title Sponsors RBC and TELUS, announced the first group of names joining the star-studded lineups set to inspire 40,000 students who have earned their way through service to attend We Day Toronto (Air Canada Centre, September 20) and We Day Vancouver (Rogers Arena, October 18). The two events will be taped for broadcast on MTV and Much, premiering Monday, Nov. 11 at 7 p.m. ET on MTV and Much, and will be streamed live at www.MTV.ca/weday.
From fresh new faces like Austin Mahone, Serena Ryder and former Secretary-General of the United Nations Kofi Annan, to We Day alum like Demi Lovato, Hedley, the Jonas Brothers, a diverse lineup will join international activists and Free The Children co-founders, Craig and Marc Kielburger, to share their passion for change, international experiences, and energize the crowd with unforgettable performances. Highlights of the events will also include show-stopping surprise guest appearances and must-see moments.
On the heels of the 50th anniversary of his father’s memorable I Have a Dream speech, an exciting addition to the lineup this year is human rights advocate Martin Luther King III who will be speaking at We Day events across North America in 2013.
Leading the electrified crowds will be Darren Criss from the Emmy® Award-winning series Glee (host for We Day Toronto) and MTV hosts Aliya-Jasmine Sovani and Scott Willats (hosts for We Day Vancouver).
WE DAY Vancouver 2013 Speakers and Performers
- Kofi Annan (@KofiAnnan) – Former Secretary-General of the United Nations and Nobel Peace Laureate, who has recently launched the ‘Kofi Annan Dialogues’, a series of online conversations inspiring young people to lead
- Martin Luther King III – Human Rights advocate and eldest son of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Hedley (@Hedleyonline) – Multi-platinum, JUNO and MMVA Award-winning recording artists
- Craig and Marc Kielburger (@craigkielburger) – International activists and co-founders of Free The Children
- The Honourable Roméo A. Dallaire – Lieutenant-General and author
- Down With Webster (@DOWNWITHWEBSTER) – Five-time JUNO Award-nominated, platinum selling genre-defying band with new album, Party for your Life, coming out October 22nd
- Cast members from the Emmy-nominated TV series DEGRASSI (@Degrassi)
- MTV hosts Aliya-Jasmine Sovani (@AliyaJasmine) and Scott Willats (@scottywillats) (hosts for We Day Vancouver)
- Kenyan Boys Choir (@BoysChoirKenya) – Traditional African male choir, who sang at the 2009 inauguration of President Obama
- Youth speakers – Hannah Alper and Vishal Vijay
- Spencer West (@spencer2thewest) – Me to We inspirational speaker, Free The Children ambassador, author and double amputee who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro on his hands and in his wheelchair in June 2012
- Molly Burke (@mollymetowe) – Visually impaired Me to We motivational speaker who speaks out against bullying and the power of hope
- Robin Wiszowaty (@robininkenya) – Me to We motivational speaker, author and Free The Children Program Director in Ghana and Kenya
- Chris Tse – Me to We inspirational speaker, national spoken word champion and humanitarian
- More to be announced…