Reports that Walmart will soon close and leave only curb-side pick-up available to customers are false, the company has confirmed to Daily Hive.
Word spread quickly when a story was posted online that said the store, which sells everything from groceries to home products all across Canada, was soon to shutter.
But those whose nearest grocer happens to be big and blue needn’t worry, because the company is maintaining its open hours.
- See also:
However, in response to current events, Walmart has taken several measures in order to keep employees and customers alike safe.
Some changes that have been set in place include:
- Increased cleaning throughout stores
- Limited numbers of customers allowed in stores
- Plexi-glass dividers installed at registers, customer service desks, and in pharmacies
- Marked floors to encourage social distancing
- Instituted product purchasing limits to ensure customers can meet their needs
- Temporarily closed photo kiosks, service deli and service bakery, fitting rooms and bulk foods
- Temporarily close some licensees, such as hair and nail salons and restaurants
Further, Walmart’s first opening hour is dedicated shopping time for seniors, in order to offer increased physical distancing for those who are most at risk.