UPDATE: The VPD say they’ve captured the suspect after robbing a 10th bank on Thursday evening. They say they aren’t releasing his name pending charge approval by Crown Counsel.
Vancouver Police are searching for a suspect in a string of nine bank robberies in Vancouver and Burnaby.
The following banks were robbed over the past month by the same person:
- January 20, 10 a.m.: TD Bank at 3710 Canada Way, Burnaby
- January 26, 3:30 p.m.: CIBC at 2890 Grandview Highway, Vancouver
- January 29, 9:45 a.m. and 9:55 a.m.: Two BMOs at 3290 Grandview Highway, Vancouver and 3263 Kingsway, Burnaby
- February 2, 4 p.m.: TD Bank at 2396 East Broadway, Vancouver
- February 5, 6:30 p.m.: TD Bank at 4993 Kingsway, Vancouver
- February 10, 5 p.m.: TD Bank at 3710 Canada Way, Burnaby
- February 13, 3:30 p.m: BMO at 3263 Kingsway, Vancouver
- February 17, 3:30 p.m.: CIBC at 2890 Grandview Highway, Vancouver
The man stated he had a weapon in every single robbery. He’s described as South Asian, in his 20s, standing at 5’5″ tall, a slim build, and short black hair that’s shaved on the sides.
If you recognize the man in the photos below, call investigators at 604-717-2541 or Crime Stoppers at 1-888-222-8477.