Look in your closet and ask yourself if you would buy what you own. If not, it’s time to swap it! Choose from thousands of items, welcome to Vancouver’s largest clothing swap. This is the most inexpensive and eco-friendly way to revamp your closet.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Drop off your clothes anytime during this time frame and leave. Show your mobile ticket to save paper, or print it if needed.
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 pm: Please leave the venue and explore the city while our volunteers sort clothes.
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 pm: Come back and pick up clothes that other particpants have brought in. There is no limit on items you can take, but only take what you need to avoid ending up with unwanted clothes again.
Steps to follow in order to attend
1. Buy your ticket early
$8 Earlybird – Sold Out
$10 Regular available at eventbrite
Sales end dates are subject to change depending on quantity sold. Tickets aren’t sold at the door.
2. Pack a large bag of clothes to donate
Thoroughly clean out your entire wardrobe for clothing and accessories, as all leftover items go to charity. There is a minimum of 10 quality pieces of clothing required, and by quality they mean pieces that are nice enough to lend to a friend, designer brands, gently worn clothes, etc. However, please try to bring more than 10 items. Both males and females are welcome.
Items that count as 10 pieces:
- Items that you can bring but don’t count: books, cds, dvds.
- Jewelry, sunglasses, belts, scarves, and hats can count as 2/10 of the items max because they need to ensure they have enough clothing.
3. Wash and dry your clothes with hot water. This is for hygienic reasons. They will be inspecting clothes!
4. Drop off/pick up at certain times only
Check the event schedule above as the times are strict! To help the earth, please bring several large re-usable bags! Bags will not be provided. Come back early to line up for the first pick, as there will be many guests.
Clothes and accessories you can bring
Clean out your closet for coats, dresses, businesswear, shirts, t-shirts, tank-tops, leggings, jeans, jackets, shorts, pants, skirts, dresses, blouses, sportswear, swimwear, shoes, scarves, jewelry, watches, hats, belts, bags, sunglasses, books, cds, dvds!
Clothes that are not accepted
Items that are ripped, faded, torn, stained, scratched, dirty, frayed, damaged, or clothes that have missing buttons or broken zippers. Please no undergarments or lingerie.
Parking at Roundhouse is not guaranteed as there are only 92 spaces and hundreds of attendees. Parking rate: $3/entire day. There is other parking downtown, but you should help the environment and skytrain! Roundhouse Center is only a 3 minute walk from Yaletown Skytrain station.
Also make note that there are no refunds, but you can easily sell your ticket! Just have the new participant show the mobile Eventbrite ticket with your name on it.
Vancouver’s Largest Clothing Swap 2014
Date: Sunday, July 13
Time: 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre (181 Roundhouse Mews in Yaletown)
Feature image: Woman shopping via shutterstock