En Route magazine’s 13th annual listing of the nation’s best new restaurants finds one of Vancouver’s brightest new food stars near the top of the ranks, and just behind a first-place finisher from B.C.
South Granville’s Farmer’s Apprentice takes the number two spot on the prestigious list, with En Route appreciating the eatery’s “idealized countryside” vibe and chef-owner David Gunawan’s “precise jumble of textures and flavours” in his dishes.
Farmer’s Apprentice has been much-lauded in its freshman year. It’s been named Restaurant of the Year for 2014 by Vancouver Magazine, and was among the handful of Vancouver eateries ranked as the top in the nation this year by Vacay.ca. Plus, we love their brunch, and earlier this year included it on a list of 10 new local spots worth checking out.
En Route’s 2014 Canada’s Best New Restaurants is really a boon for British Columbia, since Tofino’s Wolf in the Fog has nabbed the number one spot on the list.
En Route’s Best New Restaurants of 2014
- Wolf In the Fog – Tofino, B.C.
- Farmer’s Apprentice – Vancouver, B.C.
- Le Vin Papillon – Montreal, Quebec
- Rge Rd – Edmonton, Alberta
- Mallard Cottage – St. John’s, Newfoundland
- Bar Buca – Toronto, Ontario
- The Chase – Toronto, Ontario
- Ayden – Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Legende – Quebec City, Quebec
- Edna – Halifax, Nova Scotia
Featured image via Farmer’s Apprentice