The end of fall has not been gentle to Vancouver.
There have been rainfall warnings (after rainfall warnings) combined with strong winds for the last couple of weeks. Not to mention the sun may simply not exist anymore and no one in the city would know the difference.
So it should come as no surprise that the weather onslaught will continue on this Monday morning, with Environment Canada issuing yet another wind warning.
The wind warning is in effect for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
With winds expected to reach up to 70 km/h over exposed coastal areas.
Meanwhile, The Weather Network is forecasting up to another 85 mm of rain to fall in Vancouver between now and Thursday, December 20.
Let’s hope winter is better at saying hello than fall is at saying goodbye.