Picture it: You’re surrounded by people elbowing past you, you’ve been stress eating mall food all day, you can’t feel your arms anymore because they’re trying to balance a million shopping bags filled with possibly passable gifts, and the mall is closing in fifteen minutes.
Not to mention the looped Christmas music that just won’t stop.
Sounds like fun, doesn’t it?
If this is the kind of scene you’re hoping to avoid this holiday season (and you’re not one of those mythical people who get all their holiday shopping done way ahead of time), Vancouver TheatreSports (VTSL) can help.
You can give the gift of laughter this holiday season – and relax with a show instead of stressing out in the hustle and bustle. The holidays are meant to be enjoyed, and the folks at VTSL know how to do just that.
Firstly, you can skip the lines and grab a gift certificate (or two!).
Gift certificates for VTSL are available in a range of denominations to suit everyone’s budget, or you have the option of two pre-set denominations with the VTSL premium gift certificate for $32.50. This includes one adult show ticket and a drink, or a $50 Gift Certificate.
Your giftee can use this for a show, or they can put them towards a class at the Improv Comedy Institute (ICI).
Fact: gifting someone an experience reduces the chance of a re-gifting by 100%. And VTSL has so many experiences on offer.
The current line-up of VTSL gut-busting giggle fests:
- Classic TheatreSports: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 7:30 pm, Fridays and Saturdays 9:30 pm (until November 21).
- Improv Wars – The Laugh Jedi: Thursday through Saturday 7:30 pm (closes November 18).
- #NoFilter: Thursdays 9:15 pm.
- OK Tinder: Friday and Saturday 11:15 pm (until November 25, then only Friday nights).
- Rookie Night: Sunday 7:30 pm.
- Christmas Queen 4: Wednesday through Saturday 7:30 pm (starting November 22).
- Christmas Queen Drag Race: Saturdays 11:15 pm (November 25, December 2, 9, 16, and 23).
If you think the festivities end in December, think again.
Right after the holidays, VTSL is hosting the Throwdown 2018 International TheatreSports™ Festival (January 2 – 21, 2018). You’ll get to see top local performers battle it out in the first week and then take on the best of the best visiting international teams.
Improv has never been so exciting.
And VTSL wants you to see as much of the action as possible, so they’ve created Flex-mas passes. This means you can get in on all the action or gift it to the improv and comedy lovers on your list.
There are three different packages available for purchase NOW. So make sure to get them before they sell out.
- Flex-mas 1: First-week local teams weekday package (January 2-4)
– 2 pack of tickets valid for any weekday performance on the dates above
$25 ($31.50 regular price).
- Flex-mas 2: Local/international weekday package (January 9-11 AND 16-18)
– 6 pack of tickets valid for any weekday performance on the dates above $78 ($94.50 regular price).
- Flex-mas 3: Local/international weekend package (January 12/13 AND 19/20)
– 6 pack of tickets valid any Friday or Saturday performance (three performances each night) on the dates above.
– limit of two flex passes per performance, $120 ($141.00 regular price).
The only thing better than buying a gift for a friend is getting one for yourself in the process. So for a limited time only (November 24 -27) – VTSL will give you a gift.
For every $50 Gift Certificate or Flex-mas 2 package purchased between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you’ll also receive two bonus vouchers for any Sunday through Wednesday performance from January 2 through March 4 (some conditions apply).
You can thank VTSL at the show!