The new year has just started and already we are talking about another list Vancouver has made (see the list of top 5 from last year here). This one in particular will appeal to those with a sweet tooth as Vancouver’s Sutton Place Hotel’s Flueuri Restaurant is the top spot for Chocolate in the world, well at least according to National Geographic. As with any list, this is highly subjective, so I suspect the usual Vancouver haters to state otherwise and tell us how great the chocolate is in Toronto.
Here is a snippet from the National Geographic:
1. Chocoholic Buffet, Vancouver, Canada
In a setting reminiscent of a European stately home, Sutton Place Hotel’s Fleuri Restaurant plays host to an all-you-can-eat chocolate buffet. The homemade cakes, pastries, and pies, and other goodies are made of premium-quality Schokinag chocolate. Even cocktails and liqueurs are chocolate-themed.
Planning: In the heart of downtown Vancouver, the hotel offers two chocolate-buffet seatings every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening.
Here is the rest of the top 10:
2. Magnolia Bakery, NYC
3. Max Brenner, NYC
4. Maya Chocolate, Tabasco, Mexico
5. Sachertorte, Vienna, Austria
6. Hot Chocolate, Turin, Italy
7. Valrhona Chocolate, Tain l’Hermitage, France
8. Chocolate and Churros, Madrid, Spain
9. Nemesis, River Café, London, England
10. Chocolate Hotel, Bournemouth, England
Photo: Canada Select