This Sunday’s Vancouver Sun Run will attract tens of thousands of runners to the downtown and Kitsilano areas. Traffic will be heavily affected and several road closures will be in place.
Here are all the road closures you can expect to find on April 17, along with their associated times:
- Seymour Street to Bute Street: 5 to 11:30 a.m.
- Bute Street to Stanley Park Causeway: 8 a.m.
- Lions Gat Bridge access to Pender Street only: 8 to 11 a.m.
- Howe Street to Burrard Street from Dunsmuir Street to Robson Street: 5 to 11 a.m.
- Denman Street from Georgia Street to Robson Street: 8 to 11 a.m.
- Robson Street from west of Denman Street to Stanley Park: 8 to 11 a.m.
- Beach Avenue from Stanley Park to Hornby Street: 8:30 to 11 a.m.
- Stanley Park Drive at North Lagoon Drive: 6 to 11 a.m.
- Ryan Road at Park Lane / South Lagoon Drive: 6 to 11 a.m.
- Burrard Street to Hornby Street (eastbound lanes only): 6 a.m. to noon
- Burrard Bridge closed to all traffic: 8 a.m. to noon
- Cambie Bridge close to northbound traffic: 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- West 2nd Avenue from Burrard Street to Fir Street: 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Fir Street from West 2nd Avenue to West 4th Avenue: 8:30 a.m. to noon
- West 4th Avenue / West 6th Avenue from Pine Street to Cambie Street: 8:30 a.m. to noon
Cambie Street at West Broadway
- Closed to all northbound traffic: 7:30 a.m. to noon
- Eastbound exist ramp from Cambie Street Bridge: 5 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Nelson Street to Abbott Street: 5 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Abbott Street to Quebec Street: 7 to 9 a.m.
Quebec and Carrall Streets
- Closed to all traffic near Expo Boulevard and Pacific Boulevard: 7:30 to 9 a.m.
- From Quebec Street to Terry Fox Way: 7:30 to 9 a.m.
- Expo Boulevard to Pacific Boulevard: 7:30 to 9 a.m.