The 30th Annual VANCOUVER SUN RUN takes place in downtown Vancouver on Sunday morning, April 27. Last year’s event attracted 48,196 participants. Already Canada’s biggest and best run, This year they are anticipating even more participants.
The start time for the main run will be 9:00am near the vicinity of Georgia and Thurlow Streets. The Mini Sun Run will begin at 8:00am on Pacific Boulevard (between BC Place and the Plaza of Nations). Both courses will be lined with water stations and will have musical entertainment.
City of Vancouver road closures will be in effect along the route and Vancouver Police will be directing traffic. Attached, please find a copy of the 2014 road closures. We will also have route maps and event information in the Sun Run Supplement in the Vancouver Sun on April 23rd, 2014
- Seymour to Bute (start area): 5 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Bute to the Causeway (including all streets crossing Georgia): 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Lions Gate Bridge (access from Pender St only): 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Howe to Burrard from Dunsmuir to Robson: 5 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Denman St – Georgia to Robson: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Robson St – west of Denman St to Stanley Park: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Beach Avenue (Stanley Park to Hornby St): 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Stanley Park Dr at North Lagoon Dr: 6 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Ryan Rd at Park Lane/South Lagoon Dr: 6 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Burrard St to Hornby St (eastbound lanes): 6 a.m. – 12 noon
- Burrard Bridge – closed both northbound and southbound: 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Cambie Bridge – closed to all northbound traffic: 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- East bound exit ramp from Cambie Bridge: 5 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Nelson St to Abbott St: 5 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Abbott St to Quebec St: 7 a.m. – 1:30 p.m
QUEBEC, KEEFER, ABBOTT AND CARRALL ST. (closed to all traffic near Expo Boulevard and Pacific Blvd): 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
EXPO BLVD (from Quebec St to Terry Fox Way): 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.