The Vancouver Stealth have announced that owner Denise Watkins, together with Saskatchewan Rush owner Bruce Urban will donate $10,000 total towards the Lacrosse on the Move Fund if they sell out Saturday night’s final home game of the season between the Stealth and Rush.
The Lacrosse on the Move Fund is a charitable partnership between the Vancouver Stealth and the British Columbia Lacrosse Association (BCLA) that aims to raise money for grants for teams travelling to provincials and provincial athletes travelling to nationals.
Vancouver’s pro lacrosse team that plays out of the Langley Events Centre, will need to fill 5,276 seats to get it done.
“Supporting lacrosse in British Columbia is always a high priority with the Stealth, as the funds go directly towards growing the game and future stars of the NLL” said Vancouver Stealth owner Denise Watkins. “We are very grateful for Bruce Urban’s donation on behalf of the Rush franchise, and I hope we both have to write a cheque come Saturday night,” .
“BC is a hot bed for future NLL athletes” said Saskatchewan Rush owner Bruce Urban. “It’s extremely important for the lacrosse community in each NLL market to really rally behind their professional team because together, we can take the sport to new heights.”
The Stealth are in their third season in Langley, after moving north from Everett, Washington in 2013. With three games remaining on the schedule, Vancouver has a record of 4-11 and sit in last place in the NLL West Division.
Sellout or not, Saturday’s game is also fan appreciation night and the Stealth have a few special promotions planned.
- All kids wearing their jerseys to the game will get in free (with a paid adult).
- First 1,000 fans into the building will receive a Garrett Billings bobblehead
- Over $3,500 worth of gift cards to be given away throughout the night from: Cactus Club Café, G&F Financial, Super Save Gas, Tim Hortons, Town Hall Public House.
- Stealth game-worn and replica jerseys to be handed out.
- Fans who have tickets to the Stealth game also receive free admission into the Langley Food & Wine Show happening this Saturday and Sunday (April 23 & 24) at the Langley Events Centre.