A dozen schools within the jurisdiction of the Vancouver School Board (VSB) could be closed due to a major budget shortfall.
Earlier today, the VSB released its preliminary list of schools that could shutter their doors, which consists of one school in the Vancouver Westside (Queen Elizabeth Annex) while all the remaining eleven schools are located in Eastside neighbourhoods east of Main Street. It affects six elementary schools, two high schools, and four annexes.
The school board says it reviewed all 110 schools in its system. Here is the preliminary list of closures:
- Queen Elizabeth Annex (K – 3)
- Champlain Heights Annex (K – 3)
- Tecumseh Annex (K – 3)
- McBride Annex (K – 3)
- Dr. A.R. Lord Elementary
- Admiral Seymour Elementary
- Graham D. Bruce Elementary
- Sir Guy Carleton Elementary
- Queen Alexandra Elementary
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Elementary
- Britannia Secondary
- Gladstone Secondary