FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
COMEDY, ARTS & THEATRE
Thu, October 1, 9:15pm
Starts at $15.00
Fri, October 9, 12:00pm
Timebomb Trading Inc
Sun, October 4, 9:00am
Starts at $25.00
Sun, October 4, 7:00am
Starts at $45.00
Spring is in full swing, so head outside and enjoy the fresh air! Explore Vancouver and beyond with our 10 outdoors events to check out this April.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Competitors in ridiculous costumes attempt to cross a pool of slush on their skis or board. Participants will be able to hit the pond as many times as they want, and prizes will be given to the best costume, best trick, best crash, crowd favourite and more.
- Where: Grouse Mountain – 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
- When: April 1 at 11 am
- Registration: Online
- What: An endless lineup of music, art, filmmaking, snowboarding competitions, nightlife activities, and more. Watch freestyle skiers compete for national titles in halfpipe, big air and slopestyle events as part of the Canadian Junior Freestyle National Championships. The Fido outdoor concert series features Busta Rhyme, Swollen Members, Virginia to Vegas, and Walk Off The Earth. And don’t forget about the aprés ski events, either.
- When: April 7 to 16
- Where: Whistler, British Columbia
- Tickets: Ticket prices vary, purchase online
- What: An opportunity to come face to face with natural beauty. To quiet your mind, and just be. Recharge Nature Walks also combine an element of community and interaction, meditation, walking with awareness and of course fun!
- Where: Lighthouse Park – 4902 Beacon Lane, West Vancouver
- When: April 8 from 1 to 3 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: A refreshing dip in Mt. Seymour’s pond. Wear your wackiest costumes and show off your craziest tricks for a chance to win 2017/2018 season passes.
- Where: Mt. Seymour – 1700 Mount Seymour Road, North Vancouver
- When: April 8 from noon to 3 pm
- Cost: Free to enter with a season pass or a valid lift ticket
- What: A morning of bird-watching basics and get to know the birds in the park. Presented by Colony Farm Park Association.
- Where: Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam
- When: April 9 from 9 to 11 am
- Cost: Free, call 604-432-6359 to register
- What: An Easter run and egg hunt in Stanley Park to support Canuck Place. Featuring DJs, vendors, free coffee and hot chocolate, and more.
- Where: Lumberman’s Arch, Stanley Park
- When: April 16 at 11:30 am
- What: A baby bunny is lost in the woods. Use clues to retrace the bunny’s steps and help it find its way home.
- Where: Tynehead Regional Park, meet at Tynehead Hatchery entrance – 16585 96 Ave, Surrey
- When: April 17 from noon to 3 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Roll up your sleeves and get involved in your local forest this coming Earth Day. On April 22, the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve will host a stewardship event where volunteers will work towards restoring habitat around Rice Lake. Learn about restoration initiatives and biodiversity in the LSCR while removing invasive species and planting native species to enhance the forest understory.
- Where: Rice Lake, North Vancouver
- When: April 22 from 10 am to 1 pm
- Cost: Free, register online
- What: The Vancouver Sun Run has been Canada’s largest 10 km road race since its inception in 1985. One of Vancouver’s traditional rites of spring. Also features a 2.5 km mini Sun Run.
- Where: Pacific Blvd at BC Place Stadium for 2.5K, Burrard and Georgia for 10K and competitive wheelchairs
- When: April 23 at 8 am for 2.5 km 8:40 am for competitive wheelchairs, and 9 am for 10 km
- What: Add a spring to your step during Daffodil Month with the Canadian Cancer Society’s Daffodil Dash – a 1 km walk, 5 km run, and mini dash for kids that raises funds for cancer research and prevention and support for people living with the disease right now.
- Where: Vancouver at Creekside Park, the North Shore at Ambleside Park and Port Moody at Rocky Point Park
- When: April 30