This March, Vancouver Opera sweeps back onto the stage with the tragically romantic, heart-wrenching Madama Butterfly. We want to give you the chance to experience one of the worlds most popular operas which runs from March 5 to 13, 2016 at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
Composed by Giacomo Puccini in 1904, this opera remained his personal favourite throughout the remainder of his life. Today, Madama Butterfly is a staple of opera companies around the world, renowned in equal parts for its beautiful music and moving narrative.
To enter to win a night out with Vancouver Opera do one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
Win dinner at @MinamiYaletown & a night out at @VancouverOpera’s Madama Butterfly via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/YrsHj RT to enter!
2. Follow Vancouver Opera on Facebook. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Like the Vancity Buzz Arts Facebook page. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on February 23, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.
- Saturday, March 5 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6 at 2 p.m. (matinée)
- Thursday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 13 at 2 p.m. (matinée)
Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 600 Block Hamilton Street
Dress code: Dress to impress
For more information and to get tickets, visit vancouveropera.ca.