Vancouver has been ranked as the tenth best city in the world to live in if you are a millennial, according to relocation company Nestpick.
The company picked the best millennial metropolises based on a scoring system that grades cities on 16 key factors. These factors range from employment to the city’s ‘Apple store rank’ and ‘beer ranking.’
Vancouver scored 100.50 out of a possible 160 points. Here is how Vancouver scored on each of the 16 categories.
- Employment: 6.3/10
- Startup score: 9.5/10
- Tourism: 7.3/10
- Housing: 1.6/10
- Transport: 7.9/10
- Health rank: 4.25/10
- Access to contraception: 8/10
- Food ranking: 3.2/ 10
- Internet speed: 4.2/10
- Apple store rank: 9.10/ 10
- Gender equality: 5.4/10
- Immigration tolerance: 9.25/10
- LGBTQ friendly: 9.4/10
- Nightlife: 1.0/ 10
- Beer ranking: 4.5/10
- Festival ranking: 9.6 /10
Looks like Vancouver is doing pretty good when it comes its festival ranking, being LGBTQ friendly, and being startup hub.
However, the city scored low on its nightlife and its housing options.
Another dismal score came from Vancouver’s poor food ranking, which is hard to believe considering that 16 of the city’s restaurants have been named some of the best in Canada.
Top of the pile
Vancouver came out on top in Canada, ranking higher than all of the country’s larger cities. Montreal placed 15th on the list with Toronto and Ottawa coming in at 24th and 36th place, respectively.
So what is the best city in the world for millennials? Turns out it is bike-friendly, weed-loving Amsterdam, which scored 108.80 out of 160.
The best cities for millennials in the world:
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (108.8/160)
- Berlin, German (103.90/160)
- Munich Germany (102.70/160)
- Lisbon, Portugal (102.60/160)
- Antwerp, Belgium (101.10/160)
- Barcelona, Spain (101.00/160)
- Lyon, France (100.80/160)
- Cologne, Germany (100.75/160)
- Paris, France (100.70/160)
- Vancouver, Canada (100.50/ 160)
And if you’re wondering what city in the world is the worst place to live as a millennial, that would be Lima, Peru, which got a ranking of 52 points out of a possible 160.