The long weekend is here and many will head on over to either the island, Whistler or the interior. However, for those of staying within the confines of Metro Vancouver here are a list of events you should check out this long weekend. Of course you could do what many like to do and just explore the city on foot and see where it takes you.
Top 3 Events
1. Night Markets. All three night markets will be open. Two in Richmond and one in Vancouver’s Chinatown. Expect huge crowds, great food and awesome selection of items. I myself am on the hunt for a Domokun iPhone case.
- Vancouver Night Market info
- Richmond Summer Night Market info
- Richmond Night Market by River Rock Casino info
2. Playland: Yes it’s open and it seems like it’s always forgotten about until PNE officially starts. If you just want to go for the rides, this is a good weekend to do so.
3. Cloverdale Rodeo: For our brothers and sisters in the valley this is one of the premier attractions.
Saturday May 19, 2012: I Shine Saturday Night at Shine Nightclub
Sunday May 20, 2012. Felix Cartal + Clockwork: Different Faces Release Party