For many people, Labour Day signifies the last unofficial day of summer. Time is spent at a cottage, in the pool or asking yourself “where did the summer go?”
This year, the statutory holiday takes place on Monday, September 3.
In celebration of the long weekend, many businesses are shut down. But, since nobody wants to be locked outside of Costco on a day off, we’ve put together a list of what’s open and closed this Monday in Vancouver.
Movie theatres are always open throughout the weekend.
Check your local listings.
Spend the long weekend surrounded by sea creatures at the Vancouver Aquarium.
Spend the day immersed in Science! Hours and rates are available online.
- BC Liquor Stores (some open but with reduced hours; some closed)
- Private liquor stores (regular hours)
- Select branches of the Vancouver Public Library are open. Exact hours, times and locations are listed here.
- Champlain Heights (on July 1), Creekside (on July 1), False Creek, Hillcrest (on July 1), Kerrisdale, Killarney, Kitsilano, Mount Pleasant, Sunset (on July 2), and Trout Lake (on July 2) community centres (check this list for exact times)
- About half the fitness centres in Vancouver are open (check this list for exact times)
- All golf courses are open
- All Canada Post offices are closed; offices operated privately may be open if the host business is open.
- All major banks are closed on Labour Day
- All government offices closed
- All community centres are closed, except Champlain Heights (open on July 1), Creekside (open on July 1), False Creek, Hillcrest (open on July 1), Kerrisdale, Killarney, Kitsilano, Mount Pleasant, Sunset (open on July 2), and Trout Lake (open on July 2) community centres (check this list for exact times)
- About half the fitness centres in Vancouver are closed (check this list for exact times)
- Kensington and Renfrew pools are closed
- All Canada Post locations are closed, except privately operated post offices, which might open according to the hours of the host business.