The 32nd Vancouver International Film Festival is taking place from Thursday, September 26 to Friday, October 11, and we’re proud to be media partners of the festival.
Over 16 days, one of North America’s five largest film festivals will screen over 340 films from 75 different countries, including over 90 Canadian or Canadian co-produced films. Whether you go to the movies to laugh, cry or be inspired, VIFF has something for everyone.
The festival’s seven venues are in three prominent neighbourhoods around Vancouver: Granville & Davie, Broadway & Commercial and Gastown/Crosstown, which offers 3,600 comfortable seats on six screens within seven blocks of each other.
- The Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts
- Exceptionally grand and well-provided 1,800-seat auditorium with a huge screen. International guests will be very impressed.
- The Cinémathèque
- VIFF’s treasured neighbour and colleague.
- Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas (three screens)
- VIFF used “Tinseltown” previously and is delighted to be able to return to this popular and well-equipped Chinatown multiplex under its new management.
- Vancouver Playhouse
- Gravious and spacious with the latest in digital cinema technology.
- Rio Theatre
- VIFF returns to Commercial Drive at this popular licensed music and movie venue.
- SFU’s Goldcorp Centre for the Arts
- Not just a new venue, a whole new partenrship with SFU Woodward’s Cultural Programs.
- Vancity Theatre
- VIFF’s own state-of-the-art facility, showing festival films (and serving beer and wine) year-round.
Gala events at VIFF truly celebrate the art of cinema. Thanks to the large capacity at The Centre for Performing Arts, Gala audiences get a unique opportunity to experience fun festival events and enjoy the digital image and sound on the remarkable 50-foot screen.
- September 26 – Opening Gala: Nebraska
- September 27 – Canadian Images Opening Event: All the Wrong Reasons
- October 3 – Dragons + Tigers Awards Gala: A Touch of Sin
- October 5 – B.C. Spotlight Gala: Down River
- October 11 – Closing Gala: The Face of Love
As part of their new B.C. Spotlight program, VIFF 2013 is thrilled to present a dozen films from our own creative backyard. In advance of the festival, the #mustseeBC campaign invites audiences to preview trailers, promote B.C. filmmakers across social networks and vote on the Audience Must See Award.
Visit www.mustseebc.viff.org for more information.
As media partners of VIFF 2013, we’re giving away a pair of 5-Ticket Packs to one lucky reader (value of $120). To enter, do the following:
1. Retweet the following on Twitter:
- Enter to win a pair of ticket prize packs to the @VIFFest via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/p5x5J RT to enter!
2. Leave a comment below telling us which of the 340+ films you want to see most.
Contest closes on Thursday, September 26 at 8 p.m. One lucky winner will be selected at random.
Vancouver International Film Festival 2013
When: September 26 to October 11
Tickets: Buy online