Top Canadian brands and talent will unite at the Vancouver Home + Design Show from Thursday, October 11 to Sunday, October 14, 2012, offering visitors expert insight, innovation and inspiration to style, design, renovate and savour their lives. Topping the line-up are well-known personalities Bryan Baeumler, host of HGTV’s Leave It to Bryan, and Jillian Harris, design host of W Network’s Love It or List It Vancouver, the west-coast spin-off of W’s hit series, plus celebrity stylist Janette Ewen, designer Alykhan Velji and colour expert Maria Killam, all of whom will appear on the HGTV Main Stage.
Show Dates & Time
- Thursday, October 11, 2012 – 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 12, 2012- 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 13, 2012 – 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 14, 2012 – 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- BC Place Stadium, 777 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8
- Adults $15
- Seniors (60+) $12 or $5 Friday before 5 p.m.
- Children (12 and under) FREE
- OR – Buy tickets online and save $3 courtesy of Homestars at www.vancouverhomeshows.com
HGTV Main Stage
- Canada’s top design and style experts will take the HGTV Main Stage by storm, sharing ideas from past projects and fall trend forecasts for the home and wardrobe. Live presenters include HGTV’s Bryan Baeumler, W Network’s Jillian Harris, stylist Janette Ewen, interior designer Alykhan Velji and colour expert Maria Killam – plus insiders from the Vancouver Preparedness Show and the Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association. Seeking professional help has never been so tempting!
Savour Your Life Cooking Stage
- Home cooking is going decidedly up-market on the Savour Your Life Cooking Stage, as noted chefs Rob Feenie from Cactus Club Café, Ned Bell from YEW Restaurant & Bar, Quang Dang from West Restaurant + Bar, and Top Chef Canada finalists Trevor Bird & Curtis Luk from Fable share their personal recipe collections. Nose-to-tail techniques, local produce and fall flavours top the menu, along with clever pairing suggestions for every meal. Too many cooks in the kitchen? We think not.
Savour Thursday Dessert Duel
- Executive pastry chef Bruno Feldeisen from YEW Restaurant & Bar, pastry chef and chocolatier Thomas Haas of Thomas Haas Fine Chocolates & Patisserie, and Top Chef Canada competitor Curtis Luk from Fable will put their collective fingers into the pie on Thursday, October 11, when sugar-coated confections will compete in a high-stakes battle of the sweet treats hosted by Chef Rob Feenie and Caren McSherry. A noteworthy panel of judges will put their taste buds to task in determining the winner, with ample tasters for all. Plus, Rob Feenie will sign copies of his new cookbook, Casual Classics: Everyday Recipes for Family & Friends, directly following the competition.
Style Friday Fashion Show
- Fashionistas, take note! The city’s best-known bloggers-turned-models will cut a fine figure on Friday, October 12 as Park Royal presents the season’s sartorial must-haves, complete with coveted gift bags and a $2,500 shopping spree giveaway. Best clear those closets sooner than later.
Design Saturday Meet & Greets
- Maria Killam and Janette Ewen will conduct complimentary consultations at Ask a Decorator throughout the day on Saturday, October 13, while Jillian Harris will meet and greet fans following her appearances on the HGTV Main Stage. Expert help is on the way!
Renovate Sunday Ultimate Upcycle Challenge Finale
- Vancouver’s best-known design bloggers will go head to head by repurposing (or upcycling) an item selected from Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver’s ReStore. From bookshelves and doors to tables and chairs, household classics will get turned on their collective heads in this no-holds-barred challenge for the city’s creative minds. Votes will be accepted all show long, with the winner announced live from the HGTV Main Stage on Sunday, October 14.
Samsung Passion for Fresh Cooking Challenge
- Three local amateur cooking enthusiasts will face off against each other in a battle for culinary supremacy on Saturday, October 13. Armed with a well-known local chef to mentor and assist, professional equipment, fresh ingredients and a secret recipe revealed by Samsung’s top-of-the-line wifi-enabled fridge, each competitor will have one hour to create the perfect dish. Chef Jason Parsons of Peller Estates Winery Restaurant will host and judge each of the dishes, with the winner receiving $7,500 worth of Samsung Home Appliances for their own kitchens. Ready, set, cook!
Vancouver Preparedness Show
- Homeowners will learn the fundamentals of handling unexpected emergencies thanks to a wealth of exhibitors and a number of prudent presentations on the HGTV Main Stage. Making its Canadian debut this fall, this unique show-within-a-show will offer advice for coping with earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, severe storms and hazardous material spills for everyone who’s ever wondered, ‘what if?