25 nights of free fireworks in Metro Vancouver beginning on July 1
The annual Celebration of Light fireworks festival is not just a city of Vancouver event, it is an event that encompasses the entire region.
Every summer, over a million people from across Metro Vancouver’s municipalities flock to the beaches and parks of English Bay to watch the fireworks.
That is why organizers are planning to take this year’s 25th anniversary countdown festivities across the region. Beginning on July 1, Vancouverites will enjoy the annual massive Coast Capital Savings Canada Day Fireworks Show as part of Canada Day at Canada Place festivities, and then beginning June 2 there will be pop-up fireworks displays in Metro Vancouver municipalities.
“The Honda Celebration of Light is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, and what we want to do is have a countdown to the 25th – because it happens to be on July 25,” Heather Sharpe, producer at brand.Live told Vancity Buzz.
“[We are] taking the Honda Celebration of Light out of its very close English Bay area and taking it out to the municipalities that may not be familiar with it, that may feel like they’re left out of because it’s all the way downtown.”
The ‘road trip fireworks displays’ will be located at parks, public spaces and places of significant civic importance. These are designed to be small and short displays to build momentum towards the first Celebration of Light show on July 25.
In addition to the fireworks, the Sails of Light at Canada Place, Science World, Vancouver City Hall and the control tower at Vancouver International Airport will be lit up at 10 p.m. on select nights as a special tribute to the fireworks festival.
This year’s Celebration of Light participating countries are China, Brazil and Canada.
Celebration of Light 25th Anniversary Countdown Fireworks Shows
UPDATE: Please note that the 25 nights of fireworks for the Celebration of Light anniversary countdown has been canceled.
- Dates: July 1 to 25, 2015
- Time: 10 p.m. nightly
- Locations (list will be updated):
- July 1, 2015: Coast Capital Savings Canada Day Fireworks Show (as part of Canada Day at Canada Place)
- July 2, 2015: Langley (location TBA)
- July 3, 2015: Queens Park, New Westminster
- July 4, 2015: Surrey (location TBA)
- July 5, 2015: North Vancouver (location TBA)
- July 6, 2015: New Westminster (location TBA)
- July 7, 2015: Burnaby (location TBA)
- July 8, 2015: Blue Mountain Park, Coquitlam
- July 9, 2015: West Vancouver (location TBA)
- July 10, 2015: Rocky Point Park, Port Moody
- July 11, 2015: Richmond (location TBA)
- July 12, 2015: Burnaby (location TBA)
- July 13, 2015: New Westminster City Hall, New Westminster
- July 14, 2015: Burrard Dry Dock Pier, North Vancouver
- July 15, 2015: Moody Park, New Westmisnter
- July 16, 2015: Langley (location TBA)
- July 17, 2015: Victoria Park, Coquitlam
- July 18, 2015: Port Moody City Hall, Port Moody
- July 19, 2015: Fusion Festival, Surrey
- July 20, 2015: Burnaby (location TBA)
- July 21, 2015: Richmond (location TBA)
- July 22, 2015: Port Coquitlam (location TBA)
- July 23, 2015: Langley (location TBA)
- July 24, 2015: Lafarge Lake, Coquitlam
- July 25, 2015: English Bay, Vancouver (first night of the 2015 Celebration of Light)
Celebration of Light 2015 Fireworks Festival
- Dates: July 25, July 29 and August 1
- Time: 10 p.m. nightly
- Location: English Bay, Vancouver
- Participating Countries:
- Saturday, July 25: China by Team Lidu
- Wednesday, July 29: Brazil by Group Vision Show
- Saturday, August 1: Canada by Archangel Fireworks