The Vancouver Fall Home Show is almost here and there’s a lot to be excited about.
You can go along to the Convention Centre from Thursday, October 26 to Sunday, October 29, to delve into everything art, craft, and design. Learn from Vancouver’s finest local artisans by taking part in hands-on workshops that will seriously bring your Pinterest board to life.
Get creative as you learn how to make amazing macramé plant hangers and wall hangings, porcelain pendants, ceramic mugs, floral displays, how to set the perfect holiday table, how to do calligraphy with watercolour, and much more.
Trusted advice and fresh inspiration unite at the four-day event where you’ll find more than 325 trusted brands and local companies. Plus stars from HGTV Canada shows, like Sarah Richardson from Sarah Off The Grid, duo Kortney and Dave Wilson from Masters of Flip, and Tiffany Pratt from Home to Win. And to make it better, if you’re participating in a workshop, your admission to the Vancouver Fall Home Show is included in the cost.
With that being said, we’ve compiled a list of the top five workshops at this year’s Vancouver Fall Home Show you need to try.
You’ll get to learn how to create the perfect holiday table at this epic workshop presented by DIY blogger and frugalista expert Tijana.
Stay on-trend with home design as you learn how to make macramé plant hangers and macramé wall hangings at the Saige and Skye workshop, presented by Vancouver fiber artist Jolynn Vandam.
- Macramé Plant Hanger workshop
When: Saturday October 28, 11 am to 1 pm – Sign up here.
- Macramé Wall Hanging workshop
When: Saturday October 28, 5 pm to 7 pm – Sign up here.
Ceramic mug and porcelain pendant-making with artist Aleena Webber that could help you create ‘the’ present for someone you know. You’ll get to create your pieces on site. Next, Webber will fire them at her home studio afterwards, and there will be a pick up location in Vancouver where you can collect them from.
When: Saturday October 28, 2 to 4 pm – Sign up here.
If you’ve ever wanted to know how to make basic floral arrangements and flower crowns – now’s the time to do it at the Vancouver Fall Home Show.
- Harvest ring wreath
When: Sunday October 30, 11 to 12:30 pm – Reserve your spot by emailing [email protected].
- Botanical Flower Arrangement
When: Sunday October 30 – 1:30 to 3 pm – Reserve your spot by emailing [email protected].
When: Sunday October 30, 4 to 5 pm – Reserve your spot by emailing [email protected].
There are three workshops that you can attend with Bauble Babes where you’ll learn:
- Needle Felting: How to needle felt an ornament or small animal. Oh, and you’ll have extra materials to take home, too.
When: Friday October 28, 12 to 2 pm – Reserve your spot by emailing [email protected].
- Pressed Flower Wall Art: Learn all about methods of pressing flowers and make your own wall hanging pressed flower décor to bring home.
When: Friday October 28, 3 to 5 pm – Reserve your spot by emailing [email protected].
- Intro to Calligraphy with watercolour: Throughout this watercolour special you’ll get to learn the basics to calligraphic style handwriting or brush up your skills. You can use this as an opportunity to make your friends Christmas cards by hand.
When: Friday October 28, 6 to 8 pm – Sign up here.
- Thursday, October 26 – 4 to 9 pm
- Friday, October 27 – 12 to 9 pm
- Saturday, October 28 – 10 am to 9 pm
- Sunday, October 29 – 10 am to 6 pm
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre – West
Price: Adults $16 each, buy tickets online