Have nothing to do? We’ve got your covered. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Wednesday, November 25.
For even more city happenings, check out the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: The heart-warming, Academy Award®-winning tale that has captivated the world is now told LIVE and skating into the B.C. area! Audiences will be magically whisked away into the wintery world of Arendelle by dazzling special effects and astonishing skating as you sing and dance along to instant Disney classics such as “Let It Go” and “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” Join royal sisters Anna and Elsa, the hilarious snowman Olaf, Kristoff, his loyal reindeer Sven, and the mystical trolls, as they journey to discover that true love is the most magical power of all.
- Where: Pacific Coliseum – 100 North Renfrew Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 25 to Sunday, November 29; various times
- What: Back once again on Queen Elizabeth Plaza, this bustling temporary alpine village will boast unique eats, handcrafted goods, and lots of fun for kids young and young-at-heart alike. The Vancouver Christmas Market will run from November 21 to December 24, and play host to more than 50 vendors selling gift-able treats from holiday ornaments to handmade toys.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Plaza – 650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: November 21 to December 24, 2015, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on December 24)
- What: Are you ready to LAUGH? This fun evening features performances by local funny folks Ivan Decker, Jacob Samuel, and Adam Pateman, plus a fantastic silent auction, 50/50 draw, and door prizes, all to raise money for Team Diabetes. $20 per ticket (price does not include dinner or drinks, available separately).
- Where: The Loft at Earls Yaletown – 1095 Mainland Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 25; 6 to 10 p.m.
- What: Who does social content really, really well? What can we learn from other brands winning on social? How can small brands achieve the same on small budgets? BrainStation will dissect real examples of compelling content to inspire your own strategy. Learn how to curate crowdsourced content by leveraging influencers, UGC, and contests. You’ll also leave armed with ideas and free tools to help you create stunning visuals with no design skills or budget.
- Where: BrainStation Vancouver HQ – 1110 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 25; 6 to 9 p.m.
- What: The Heritage Christmas event is full to the brim with traditional holiday trappings, with brilliant strings of lights lining every building, branch, and bough. Carollers, musicians, dancers, and more will entertain the crowds, and children and adults alike can take part in crafts, baking, theatre performances, and a visit with Santa himself. As always, the famous Burnaby Village Carousel will be offering rides on their authentic 18th Century merry-go-round.
- Where: Burnaby Village Museum – 6501 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby
- When: November 21 to January 1; various times