5 things to do in Vancouver today: Wednesday, January 20
Dec 20 2017, 3:43 am
Nothing to do? We’ve got you covered. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today Wednesday, January 20, 2016.
Vancouver International Boat Show
- What: Think you might need a bigger boat? Whether you have one or not, head to the Vancouver Boat Show at BC Place to tour some of the finest watercraft on the market and think about sailing away to somewhere warmer.
- Where: BC Place – 777 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 20 to Sunday, January 22
Street Food City
- What: Celebrating its fifth anniversary, Street Food City is your opportunity to sample from a collection of Vancouver’s Street Food carts all in one convenient location.
- Where: North Plaza, Vancouver Art Gallery
- When: Saturday, January 16 to Sunday, January 24; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays
- What: The PuSh Festival expands the horizons of Vancouver artists and audiences with work that is visionary, genre-bending, multi-disciplined, startling and original. The Festival showcases acclaimed international, Canadian and local artists and mixes them together with an alchemy that inspires audiences, rejuvenates artists, stimulates the industry and forges productive relationships around the globe.
- Where: Various Locations. Check the website for more information.
- When: Tuesday, January 19 to Sunday, February 7
Jersey Night at Robson Square Ice Rink
- What: Come down to the rink for Jersey night, and join in on the fun! Wear your favorite sports jersey or jersey from around the world, and skate to arena anthems, and international music! Also, if you come skating in your jersey you will receive a chance to enter in the draw, and a complimentary hot chocolate! So bring your friends, family, and your team spirit, and get ready for a night of fun you don’t want to miss!
- Where: Robson Square Ice Rink – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 20; 5 to 9 p.m.
Brand New Talks- a modern networking event for young women
- What: The sole purpose of Brand New Careers is to motivate every single female to have the courage to follow their intuition, to utilize their education and their ambition and choose their passion as their career. On January 20, they are hosting Brand New Talks– a modern networking event for young women that aims to ignite curiosity, spark inspiration and provide the opportunity to network with female business leaders in a non-intimidating environment.
- Where: Lumas Art Gallery – 305 Water Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 20; 7 to 9 p.m.