Nothing to do? We’ve got you covered. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today Wednesday, January 13, 2016.
- What: Broadway Across Canada presents the live theatre production of Dirty Dancing. See Baby and Johnny swing the night away, and face meddling parents and 1980s fashion disasters while they fight for true love. You’ll have the time of your life.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 649 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 12 to Sunday, January 17
- What: Vance Joy comes to Vancouver for two shows January 12 and 13, as part of the Fire and the Flood Tour, with stops in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec, and New Brunswick. Joy has been making the rounds since 2013, recently opening for Taylor Swift on her 1989tour. His first studio release Dream Your Life Away hit the airwaves last year, netting him significant praise in the singer-songwriter community and a huge degree of international fame.
- Where: The Orpheum Theatre – 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 12 and Wednesday, January 13
- What: Join this free workshop at RED Academy to learn the basics of HTML and CSS, and create you first webpage from scratch!
- Where: RED Academy – 200-1490 West Broadway Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 13; 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- What: Learn how to build a website using WordPress: the popular blog and website publishing software. Whether you’re trying to set up a simple website for your small business, a personal blog, or perhaps you use WordPress at work and would like to learn more, this workshop is for you. From pages to posts, widgets to plugins, you’ll learn all about how to customize and maintain WordPress on your own website.
- Where: The HiVE – 210-128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 13; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- What: The rink at Robson Square is operated seasonally by the provincial government when the temperatures begin to dip, running from morning into the late evening hours. Skaters can skate for free if they bring their own skates while those without skates can rent a pair on-site. There is also a concession stand serving snacks and warm drinks.
- Where: 800 Robson Street, Vancouver (Robson & Howe)
- When: December 1, 2015 until February 28, 2016; times vary