It’s back to work today, but that doesn’t mean tonight can’t be chill time. Take advantage of the city’s nightlife with a few of the awesome events happening Vancouver.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: Irish musician Glen Hansard comes to the Orpheum tonight. Hansard, on top of being a world-renowned musician, is an Academy Award winner and actor. Not often you see that, hey?
- Where: The Orpheum – 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 12; 7 p.m.
- What: If you’re looking for something a little more country-western, why not check out Sturgill Simpson at the Vogue? Simpson has been with a respected name and big talent. If you love country music, you can’t miss him.
- Where: Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 12; 9 p.m.
- What: Along with guests Blockhead and Manatee Commune, this show is the go-to for bands with sort of weird names. In terms of skill, though, the talent is undeniable.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 12; 8 p.m.
- What: Vancouver’s best comedians pick their material out of a bucket, and spin live comedy for you, straight from their brains. Hosted by Kyle Bottom, with guests Graham Clark, Darcy Michael, and Jane Stanton, you’d be a fool to miss this one. A fool.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 12; 7:30 p.m.
- What: Vancouver-based alpine skiers Linda Bily and John Baldwin present their film Souls of Wilderness / Mountain Journeys in Western B.C. and Alaska, along with a screening of Nick Waggoner’s Jumbo Wild. If you’re looking for movies about skiing, well, this is pretty much it.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 12; 6:30 p.m.