FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
BUSINESS & TECH, COMMUNITY
Wed, January 20, 4:00pm
Science Fair Foundation of BC
Starts at $10.00
Wed, January 20, 7:30pm
Fri, January 22, 6:00pm
Wed, February 17, 7:30pm
Starts at $140.00
Get your Monday going with one of our picks of seven great things to do around Vancouver today. WWE, Vancouver Writer’s Festival, and more to enjoy.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: WWE LIVE returns to Abbotsford with a stacked roster including WWE Champion Jinder Mahal, Shinsuke Nakamura, United States Champion AJ Style, Rusev, plus many more of your favorite WWE Superstars.
- When: October 16
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Where: Abbotsford Centre – 33800 King Rd. Abbotsford
- Tickets: Online, $20-$110
- What: Yuu Japanese Tapas is offering their first ever Ramen Challenge, and ideally it will end in full stomachs, and big savings for those who participate. The Richmond eatery is offering $5 ramen to anyone who can finish an entire bowl in less than 10 minutes during their opening hours this week.
- When: From Monday, October 16 to Friday, October 20 (closed on Thursdays)
- Time: 11:30 am to 10:30 pm
- Where: Yuu Japanese Tapas – 1118 – 3779 Sexsmith Road, Richmond
- Price: $5
- What: Vancouver’s terrifying Dream Horror live haunted house is returning for one final year to Commercial Drive this Halloween. The legendary house of horrors, which has been around for 18 years, features 21 live actors, trap rooms and crawl spaces, clowns, and creepy dolls.
- When: Now to to Tuesday, October 31
- Time: 6:30 pm to 11:30 pm every night
- Where: 3532 Commercial Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: At the door, $10
- What: Get your your soul ready for an emotional journey this October when Paul Weller returns to Vancouver for two nights at the Commodore Ballroom.
- When: Monday October 16 and Tuesday October 17
- Time: Doors at 7 pm, show at 8 pm
- Where: Commodore Ballroom—868 Granville St, Vancouver
- Tickets: Single day tickets from $49.50 available online.
- What: The 30th anniversary of this long-running festivals celebrates writers and their work, and hosts a great lineup for bookworms of all ages. Margaret Atwood of The Handmaid’s Tale will attend, as well as numerous other Canadian writers and special guests from abroad.
- When: October 16 to 22
- Where: Various venues across Vancouver
- Tickets: At Writers Fest; Varies
- What: There’s nothing like a little doom and gloom to come in and end Vancouver’s glorious summers once and for all. This year, that doom and gloom comes via trolley. For the uninitiated, the tour has been a staple of Vancouver’s Halloween season for some time, building its reputation from relative unknown to must-do. The ride covers the gritty and gruesome details of the Vancouver of old, producing garish story after garish story about your beloved city’s landmarks, such as Fairmont Hotel Vancouver and Stanley Park.
- When: Now to Tuesday, October 31 (excluding Sundays and Mondays, except October 30 and 31)
- Where: Tours start at the Irish Heather – 210 Carrall Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: $55 per person. Tickets and reservations can be found online here. This tour is for adults (19+) only.
- What: In celebration of Northwest Wildlife Preservation Society‘s 30th anniversary, plant some trees and shrubs at Surrey Bend Regional Park to help the environment thrive. A light lunch will be provided after planting is complete.
- When: October 16
- Time: 9:45 am to 1 pm
- Where: Surrey Bend Regional Park – meet at WREN Picnic Shelter – 17265 112 Ave, Surrey
- Price: Free