FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, November 25, 12:00pm
Starts at $1.00
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, December 4, 6:00pm
Sunday is here and we’re keeping the weekend good times going! From Italian Day to City of Bhangra and more, check out our 10 things to do in Vancouver this Sunday, June 11.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Join thousands of Vancouverites in a celebration of all things Italian as Commercial Drive will transform into a 14-block car free zone, featuring over 200 merchants, food vendors, and entertainment. The festival aims to bring together people from all backgrounds and cultures to celebrate the message of amore. This year’s Italian Day will also celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday with a series of special events showcasing the role Italian-Canadians have played in shaping the country’s history.
- Where: Commercial Drive (from Venables Street to Grandview Cut)
- When: June 11 from 12 to 8 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Bring your teddy bears to watch as the parade marches up to the Teddy Bear Picnic at Town Centre Park. Then join in the teddy bear picnic, featuring storytelling, puppet shows, rovers, gymnastics and more. Fun for all young children.
- Where: Town Centre, 1299 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
- When: June 11 from 9:45 am to 4 pm
- Cost: Free for the Parade, $3 for the Picnic. Children 3 and under are free.
- What: Show off your classic car at the Lions Club Annual Sockeye Run Car Show and Shine. There will be trophies for all makes, models and years. Plus enjoy music, entertainment and hot wheels racing in the park.
- Where: Steveston Park – 4111 Moncton St, Richmond , BC
- When: June 11. Register your vehicle from at 8 am to noon. Judging starts at noon.
- Cost: Car entry is $10 in advance or $15 on the day. Spectators by donation
- What: Take a free tour of Big Rock Brewery in Vancouver. BRU guides will be on site to entertain and educate you on the brew facilities and the Big Rock story. After the tour, enjoy complimentary samples of fresh delicious beer made right on site.
- Where: Big Rock Urban – 310 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: June 11 from 12 to 5 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: 2017 marks the 21st season for the Ladner Village Market, which takes over the heart of Ladner Village on select Sundays in the summertime. It’s a phenomenal market, with live music, tons of vendors, and much to see and taste.
- Where: 5028 48th Avenue (between Delta and Elliott Streets) in Ladner Village
- When: June 11 and 25 from 10 am to 4 pm
- What: An annual event to raise money for the Vancouver Downtown East Side. The charity supported this year is the Saint James Music Academy, which teaches classical music at no cost to children living in Canada’s lowest income urban neighbourhood.
- Where: Iona Beach, Richmond
- When: June 11, 2017
- Registration: Online
- What: Here’s one for the kids—instead of the usual summer blockbusters, why not take them to this fresh new take on Peter Pan, performed by some talented emerging artists? Project Limelight Society is a free performing arts program for young people living in the DTES, and features guidance and coaching from some seasoned veterans.
- Where: SFU Goldcorp Centre for the Arts – 149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: June 11 at 2 and 6 pm
- Tickets: Online, $12
- What: Spring into summer by joining Passion to Lead at their community market with local vendors and volunteers selling pre-loved clothing and local handmade goods. The majority of the proceeds will go to supporting the P2L programs as well as their Global Sorority documentary, which will be featured at the market throughout the day.
- Where: Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- When: May 28 from 2 to 5 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: The evening will include special live performances from the In Tune Young Company, rousing rounds of musical theatre trivia, and a Tony Awards Pool. Most importantly, there will be a bar with beer, wine and plenty of snacks.
- Where: The Post at 750 – #110-750 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: June 11 at 8 pm.
- Cost: Free
- What: Organized by non-profit the Vancouver International Bhangra Celebration Society (VIBC), the City of Bhangra Festival is set to feature an array of events including a world premiere at the Reel Bhangra Short Film Festival. The unique festival will showcase the best in creative performances, cutting edge art, and conversations celebrating Bhangra – the Punjabi folk arts.
- Where: Various venues in Vancouver and Surrey
- When: June 11 to 17
- Tickets: Online