5 things to do in Vancouver today: Friday, November 6
Dec 20 2017, 2:22 am
Dash headlong into the weekend with a few of the events happening in Vancouver tonight. You deserve it, you hard worker you.
- What: British DJ and BBC 1 radio host Pete Tong lands in Celebrities tonight for some heart thumping beats and back breaking bass. Dance, dance, dance the night away.
- Where: Celebrities – 1022 Davie Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 6; 9 p.m.
SnowBall Classic 2015
- What: Tonight is the first night of the SnowBall Classic, a celebration of ballroom dancing in Vancouver. Twirling gowns, sharp suits, and classic moves. Everything you could want in a night on the town, as long as you’re into ballroom dancing.
- Where: Hyatt Regency Vancouver – 655 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 6; various times
- What: Big Sugar comes to the Commodore with guests Triggerfinger. They’ve been on the scene for over 25 years, and they aren’t done yet. Come check out some living Canadian music legends.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 6; 8 p.m.
Free Hatha Class and Yoga Teach Info Session
- What: Whether you’re looking to start your yoga training, looking to teach others, or have been practicing for years, this event will give you the opportunity to learn more, ask questions, and move forward. Also it’s free. So that’s great
- Where: Semperviva Yoga Studio And Teacher Training College – 2201 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 6; 6 p.m.
Rich Vos at the Comedy Mix
- What: Last Comic Standing’s Rich Vos comes to the Comedy Mix tonight. Loved for his “everyman” quality, Vos has performed all over the world, with appearances on Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, The View, and much, much more.
- Where: The Comedy Mix – 1015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 6; 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.