The weekend is basically here. Enjoy your new found freedom with a few of the events happening in Vancouver tonight.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: Australia-based singer-songwriter Marlon Williams come to the media club, hot off the Vancouver Folk Music Festival. It isn’t often a folk musician has this impact at this age in this point in time, so Williams is worth a listen.
- Where: The Media Club – 695 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 29; 8 p.m.
- What: A viewing of all the animated shorts nominated at this year’s Academy Awards. Sanjay’s Super Team, World of Tomorrow, Bear Story, We Can’t Live Without Cosmos, and Prologue. Get up to speed!
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 29; 1 p.m.
- What: An exploration of how board games connect people, and provide a respite from endless technological isolation. Basically it’s an art show about board games. Anyone can get behind that.
- Where: Kimoto Gallery – 1525 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 29 to Saturday, February 27
- What: Learn the principles of muscle testing, also known as kinesiology, and practice new skills using specific applications. Gain insight into what makes you tick, and how you can help improve your health and the health of others.
- Where: Sage Heart Healing Arts – 205-175 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 29; 6 p.m.
- What: This event, aimed at balancing your mind in the frantic age of the internet, will teach you to use “standing, sitting and inverted yoga postures to explore the role of breathing and attention in transforming habitual patterns in the body, mind and nervous system.” Sounds like a plan.
- Where: Semperviva Yoga Sea Studio – 200-1333 Johnston, Vancouv
- When: Friday, January 29; 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.