I’m not a believer in bringing your dog everywhere you go, but I am a believer that you’re responsible for keeping your dog safe.
With temperatures in the mid-20s, police are reminding pet owners not to leave their dogs in the car while they’re running errands, even just for a few minutes.
Here’s a list of chain stores that do allow you to bring your four-legged friend to shop with you.
Most have an open door policy, but if you’re unsure about a business, it’s best to call ahead. And this goes without saying, but always keep your dog on a leash.
- Canadian Tire: Cambie Street location
- Future Shop: Robson/Granville location and West Broadway
- Winners/Home Sense: Robson Street and Cambie Street locations
- Forever 21: Robson Street
- Michaels: West Broadway
- Chapters: downtown Vancouver location, Granville Street location
- Restoration Hardware: South Granville location
- West Elm: South Granville location
- Zara: Robson Street
- Bosley’s Pet Value: West 6th Ave. But pretty much any pet store!
- All Comor Sports ski, snowboard and bike shops (locations on West 4th Ave. in Vancouver, also in Burnaby, Whistler)
- Pacific Boarder (on West 4th Avenue in Kitsilano)
- Local restaurants: Although you can’t bring your dog inside because of city bylaws, there are dozens of establishments that allow you to tie your dog up to the patio beside you.
Check out my Vancity Buzz guide to the best dog-friendly patios in the city.
Tweet me or comment below with your favourite dog-friendly shops around town.